What's new

scMerlin scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just curious, about when does something from the Develop branch make it's way to production release just using AMTM-scMerlin-update?

AX88U running 386.8 - via SSH or System it's fine, but via scMerlin odd ball results
1688434512119.png

From scMerlin GUI
1688434597476.png

SSH
1688435736237.png

AX88U running 386.8 - via SSH or System it's fine, but via scMerlin odd ball results
This is interesting. It seems that the current webGUI code is working fine for the RT-AX88U running F/W 388.x version, but it fails when an RT-AX88U is running the 386.8 version. I'm assuming that it fails every time and that it's not an intermittent problem, correct?

Would you please gather the info listed below from your RT-AX88U router and post it so I can take a look?

1) The output when typing the following URL on your web browser (after logging into your router's webGUI):
Code:
http://router.asus.com/ajax_coretmp.asp

2) A copy of the actual file "/www/ajax_coretmp.asp" (you can get to the file via an SSH terminal session).

3) The output file "$HOME/info_debug.txt" generated by the following code (copy/paste into an SSH terminal session):
Bash:
{
   while read -r theFILE
   do
      [ -f "$theFILE" ] && [ ! -L "$theFILE" ] && \
      grep -HnE "curr_coreTmp_2_raw|curr_coreTmp_5_raw|curr_coreTmp_52_raw|curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw|curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw|curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw" "$theFILE"
   done <<EOT
$(ls -1 /www/*.js /www/*.asp 2>/dev/null)
EOT
} > $HOME/info_debug.txt

Thanks.

This is interesting. It seems that the current webGUI code is working fine for the RT-AX88U running F/W 388.x version, but it fails when an RT-AX88U is running the 386.8 version. I'm assuming that it fails every time and that it's not an intermittent problem, correct?

Would you please gather the info listed below from your RT-AX88U router and post it so I can take a look?

1) The output when typing the following URL on your web browser (after logging into your router's webGUI):
Code:
http://router.asus.com/ajax_coretmp.asp

2) A copy of the actual file "/www/ajax_coretmp.asp" (you can get to the file via an SSH terminal session).

3) The output file "$HOME/info_debug.txt" generated by the following code (copy/paste into an SSH terminal session):
Bash:
{
   while read -r theFILE
   do
      [ -f "$theFILE" ] && [ ! -L "$theFILE" ] && \
      grep -HnE "curr_coreTmp_2_raw|curr_coreTmp_5_raw|curr_coreTmp_52_raw|curr_coreTmp_wl0_raw|curr_coreTmp_wl1_raw|curr_coreTmp_wl2_raw" "$theFILE"
   done <<EOT
$(ls -1 /www/*.js /www/*.asp 2>/dev/null)
EOT
} > $HOME/info_debug.txt

Thanks.
Here you go;

Had a heck of a time getting this one, kept getting page not found or 403, turned out that enabling "Redirect webui access to router.asus.com" made it impossible
once disabled it came right up... But it didn't resolve the issue...

curr_coreTmp_0_raw = "49°C"; curr_coreTmp_0 = (curr_coreTmp_0_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_0_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_1_raw = "51°C"; curr_coreTmp_1 = (curr_coreTmp_1_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_1_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_2_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_2 = (curr_coreTmp_2_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_2_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_coreTmp_3_raw = "disabled"; curr_coreTmp_3 = (curr_coreTmp_3_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_3_raw.replace("°C", "")); curr_cpuTemp = "80.723"; fanctrl_info = "";

Master@Router:/www# cat ajax_coretmp.asp
curr_coreTmp_0_raw = "<% sysinfo("temperature.0"); %>";
curr_coreTmp_0 = (curr_coreTmp_0_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_0_raw.replace("&deg;C", ""));
curr_coreTmp_1_raw = "<% sysinfo("temperature.1"); %>";
curr_coreTmp_1 = (curr_coreTmp_1_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_1_raw.replace("&deg;C", ""));
curr_coreTmp_2_raw = "<% sysinfo("temperature.2"); %>";
curr_coreTmp_2 = (curr_coreTmp_2_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_2_raw.replace("&deg;C", ""));
curr_coreTmp_3_raw = "<% sysinfo("temperature.3"); %>";
curr_coreTmp_3 = (curr_coreTmp_3_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_3_raw.replace("&deg;C", ""));
curr_cpuTemp = "<% get_cpu_temperature(); %>";
fanctrl_info = "<% get_fanctrl_info(); %>";

Master@Router:/tmp/home/root# cat info_debug.txt
/www/Tools_Sysinfo.asp:99:curr_coreTmp_5_raw = curr_coreTmp_0_raw;
/www/Tools_Sysinfo.asp:100:curr_coreTmp_52_raw = curr_coreTmp_1_raw;
/www/Tools_Sysinfo.asp:101:curr_coreTmp_6_raw = curr_coreTmp_2_raw;
/www/Tools_Sysinfo.asp:105:curr_coreTmp_5_raw = curr_coreTmp_1_raw;
/www/Tools_Sysinfo.asp:107:curr_coreTmp_52_raw = curr_coreTmp_2_raw;
/www/Tools_Sysinfo.asp:109:curr_coreTmp_6_raw = curr_coreTmp_2_raw;
/www/Tools_Sysinfo.asp:113:code += "&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz-1:</b> <span>" + curr_coreTmp_5_raw + "</span>";
/www/Tools_Sysinfo.asp:114:code += "&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz-2:</b> <span>" + curr_coreTmp_52_raw + "</span>";
/www/Tools_Sysinfo.asp:116:code += "&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz:</b> <span>" + curr_coreTmp_5_raw + "</span>";
/www/ajax_coretmp.asp:5:curr_coreTmp_2_raw = "<% sysinfo("temperature.2"); %>";
/www/ajax_coretmp.asp:6:curr_coreTmp_2 = (curr_coreTmp_2_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_2_raw.replace("&deg;C", ""));

Here you go;
As I had started to suspect, the info you provided shows that there is a different set of temperature variables used by the 386.8 version, which means that there is now a total of 3 different sets (not 2 as previously thought) of vars that need to be taken into account when getting temperature values, two of those sets when running F/W older than the 386.9 version.

I already have a fix and will be running tests when I get some free time later in the evening. I'll submit a GitHub PR to merge the fix into @Jack Yaz's develop branch once that's completed.

Thank you for testing, finding the problem & posting the requested info.

FYI,

I've done testing & a GitHub PR has now been submitted to the develop branch.

If you wish to test/verify the fix, here are the instructions:

1) First, make sure your scMerlin add-on is on the *latest* develop branch "2.4.1" version.
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin develop
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin forceupdate

2) Download the modified ASP FIXED file version from PasteBin.
Bash:
curl -kLSs --retry 3 --retry-delay 5 --retry-connrefused pastebin.com/raw/SrnUiXHq | tr -d '\r' > /jffs/addons/scmerlin.d/scmerlin_www.asp.MOD.FIXED.txt
chmod 644 /jffs/addons/scmerlin.d/scmerlin_www.asp.MOD.FIXED.txt

3) Replace the 2.4.1 "original" ASP file with the modified FIXED version:
Bash:
cp -fp /jffs/addons/scmerlin.d/scmerlin_www.asp.MOD.FIXED.txt  /jffs/addons/scmerlin.d/scmerlin_www.asp

4) Reboot your ASUS router.

5) Once the router reboots, log in to your router webGUI and verify the temperatures on the scMerlin webpage.

Working for me!
AX88u - 386.8
Both from the GUI and SSH

scMerlin GUI
1688624132314.png

SSH
1688624158157.png

Administration - Temperature
1688624273433.png

Today, @Jack Yaz merged the most recent PR with the fix that handles the different temperature variables used in the F/W 386.8 version. To get this latest update for the develop branch 2.4.1 version you can run the following commands:
Bash:

FYI.

Today, @Jack Yaz merged the most recent PR with the fix that handles the different temperature variables used in the F/W 386.8 version. To get this latest update for the develop branch 2.4.1 version you can run the following commands:
Bash:

FYI.
Just tried it and it works fine, nice to see the temperatures.I'm running an ax88u pro. Couple questions:
Is there a way to revert back from develop mode, and how?
Also, by doing so, will it revert to v2.4.0
Last but not least, thanks to you and @Jack Yaz !!

Couple questions:
Is there a way to revert back from develop mode, and how?
Also, by doing so, will it revert to v2.4.0
Yes, simply run the following commands:
Bash:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin stable
The add-on will revert to the latest available master branch "2.4.0" version.

Last but not least, thanks to you and @Jack Yaz !!
👍

Hi, it seems that scMerlin is not working on my router, and none of the buttons on the page are responsive. This appears to be related to my use of V6Plus for internet access, as I live in Japan. The errors in the console is as follows:

Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'each')
    at exist_v6plus_conflict (notification.js:260:3)
    at Object.run (notification.js:596:22)
    at show_menu (state.js:1227:14)
    at initial (user1.asp:218:760)
    at onload (user1.asp:221:27)

@Jack Yaz

Why not put 2.4.1 to the official repo if it is stable? AT least it fixed the temperature problem in WebUI. It always show update available in AMTM.

scMerlin.jpg

I first saw the temperature issue back in May 2023. I followed it thru since then. Along the way I remember seeing that @Jack Yaz was not going to be involved in Merlin as he had other responsibilities, and simply didn't have the time. IMHO someone needs to step into the roll so this update can be placed in the stable distro status. Other stuff gets placed in "stable", so is this just something that slipped thru the cracks? Or, is Jack still involved in the project.

I first saw the temperature issue back in May 2023. I followed it thru since then. Along the way I remember seeing that @Jack Yaz was not going to be involved in Merlin as he had other responsibilities, and simply didn't have the time. IMHO someone needs to step into the roll so this update can be placed in the stable distro status. Other stuff gets placed in "stable", so is this just something that slipped thru the cracks? Or, is Jack still involved in the project.
@thelonelycoder is graciously taking care of it: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-doesnt-like-scmerlin-beta-release.86080/post-895925

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!