What's new

scMerlin scMerlin v2 - Service and script control menu for AsusWRT-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Exactly same issue here aftre reboot - Unbound and SCMerlin tabs missing. Hows did you manually readd the two? Ive tried unmounting Menutree and then running SGUI - no go - tried uninstalling SCMerlin and reinstalling - no go. Daves post above seems to hasve nailed it because there is never any issue loading CakeQOS Tab or Flexqos tab. It really has become a right PITA and has never been reliable - ever since the first ADDON TAB was published
Just uninstall unbound gui until the author fixes it.
Or don't use the addons at all if they're such an inconvenience to you, noone is forcing you to.

Just uninstall unbound gui until the author fixes it.
Or don't use the addons at all if they're such an inconvenience to you, noone is forcing you to.

sorry Jack no offence intended. Juched has seeemingly fixed the Unbound Tab issue. All Tabs working fine now. Thank you for all you do and Ive deleted my posts.

Last edited:
Morning Jack, I'd like to suggest considering adding these 2 commands to scMerlin in a future release. They proving helpful tracking of DNS traffic and what stubby is up to...

a) show traffic on port 53.. (of course you need tcpdump installed from entware) > tcpdump -i $(nvram get wan0_ifname) -n port 53
b) show what stubby is doing > stubby -l

While b) is pretty easy, I'd never remember a) or know that's the simplest way to get the outgoing WAN port. Thanks! Stay safe, stay alive!

does everybody else have two columns of WebUI Addons, or is it just me?
If so, I assume each has a different purpose?

1618280651680.png

Reboot fixed it. I didn't think that looked right, but may have been an enhancement that Jack had added that I had missed.
thanks,
jts

Just updated AX86U AiMesh Node to 386.2_2 and SSH'd into it wanting to update scMerlin which was still on ver 2.1.0 ... but hit a wobble ...

Code:
scMerlin: Entware not found, sleeping for 10s (attempt 1 of 10)
etc all the way through to attempt 10 out of 10 ... and exits to amtm menu !

Now I never had to install Entware on the Node before ... and have no plans to add USB to the Node.
Does this mean that the really useful text menu only scMerlin has now been retired ??? :(

How do I recover [uninstall scMerlin 2.1.0 ???]

EDIT: - No worries ... I have recovered by running fresh install command from Post #1 of this thread :D.

Just updated AX86U AiMesh Node to 386.2_2 and SSH'd into it wanting to update scMerlin which was still on ver 2.1.0 ... but hit a wobble ...

Code:
scMerlin: Entware not found, sleeping for 10s (attempt 1 of 10)
etc all the way through to attempt 10 out of 10 ... and exits to amtm menu !

Now I never had to install Entware on the Node before ... and have no plans to add USB to the Node.
Does this mean that the really useful text menu only scMerlin has now been retired ??? :(

How do I recover [uninstall scMerlin 2.1.0 ???]

EDIT: - No worries ... I have recovered by running fresh install command from Post #1 of this thread :D.
i might have missed the usb prompt on upgrade, but install as you did will show it!

i might have missed the usb prompt on upgrade, but install as you did will show it!
Thanks for prompt response ... to be clear I have had amtm running on the AiMesh node since 386.1 with scMerlin 2.1.0 - worked as well as ever.

It was immediately after dirty upgrading Node firmware from 386.2 to 386.2_2 that I returned to amtm on the Node and tried to enter J3 [only active amtm menu item] ... that's when I hit the wobble above.

Something "lost" the previous install of scMerlin even though it still appeared in the amtm menu as option J3 [tried to find it by search and scmerlin not found ?!].. May have been firmware upgrade - may have been inexplicable wobble ?

That's why the fresh install worked.
I just don't know what gonnappeared the old scMerlin 2.1.0 even though menu option was still there - nor what caused amtm to call for Entware ... but no worries ... all sorted ... and posts are here in case someone else hits the same air-pocket ;)

This is probably nothing, but is it OK that user "nobody" is a user in this scMerlin table?

View attachment 33589

This is perfectly normal. User 'nobody' is a special, non-privileged user. As the number of users is limited on our routers and you don't want processes to run as 'admin' they're run as 'nobody' to limit their privileges. See the second link in this post for some additional info: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-386-2-is-now-available.71625/page-34#post-686147

on a side note, I am not able to collapse the WebUI Addons tab. Can anyone help to check if it is the same?

Confirmed.

This is perfectly normal. User 'nobody' is a special, non-privileged user. As the number of users is limited on our routers and you don't want processes to run as 'admin' they're run as 'nobody' to limit their privileges. See the second link in this post for some additional info: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-386-2-is-now-available.71625/page-34#post-686147
@Hazel & @ Chongnt

Thanks, I figured it was OK but never saw "nobody" before and wanted to make sure.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!