What's new

Search indexing of new Addons sub-forum

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dave14305

Part of the Furniture
I don’t seem to be able to properly search posts by user in the new sub-forum. Cannot search the FlexQoS thread for posts by me, for example, and in looking at “Your Content” from my profile page, none of those older posts show up (pre-move). But a post I made I the Cake thread today does show up (i.e. after the thread moved).

Just wondering if indexing is slow to ramp up on the new sub forum, or if it’s not enabled, or broken, or in the ultimate tech layman’s terms, “it hates me.”

Indexing is a scheduled process and doesn't occur instantly. I just ran a search and it picked up your posts in the new subforum fine. Check now.

I’m not seeing individual posts in results.

FlexQoS - FlexQoS - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS  SmallNetBuilder Forums.png

Search results  SmallNetBuilder Forums.png

Select "Filters" from the Search box.
Select "Search Threads" tab
Enter your username in the "Posted by" field
Select the "Asuswrt-Merlin AddOns forum ONLY to search.
Make sure "Display results as threads" is not checked

I did the search your way and agree that you don't see individual posts. I'm not sure why. I'm checking some things.

Thanks. It’s incomplete, but has more results now. I assume it will continue indexing gradually, or is it “complete” from what you see?

For example, “Your Content” thinks my last post was Oct 2, (Edit: then it jumps to this very post.)

Search re-index is complete. I don't know what cache is used for "Your Content". If you still have problems in a few days, let me know.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!