1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Secondary WAN Cold-Standby after reboot (RT-AC86U)

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Boris, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Boris

Boris New Around Here

Hi!

After reboot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    and after that two interfaces work fine.

The sane situation if I set PPPoE connection as Primary WAN - after reboot PPPoE goes up and gets IP, but secondary WAN shows 0.0.0.0.

I didn't want to do factory reset, so I tried another AC86U - same symptoms. I think there is some mistake in the firmware.

2. ^Tripper^

^Tripper^ Regular Contributor

Dual WAN has always been a little buggy. That said, what’s the issue with it being on cold standby? I have dual wan setup as well and when it’s in cold standby, it fails over perfectly fine in my instance. Is yours setup as failover and does it do so successfully?

Boris likes this.
  3. Boris

Boris New Around Here

Sorry, at first I thought it was a bug, because I turned off Primary WAN in webui and the Secondary didn't become active after 60 sec. But when I unplugged cable of the Primary, the Secondary became active, exactly as you wrote. Yes, it takes a little bit more time 5 to 10 sec. than Hot-Standby, but it works))) Thanks!

^Tripper^ likes this.