What's new

whats the command to enable routing to my secondary wan?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

akb

I have a dual wan setup where I can failover to my secondary wan which is tethered to a cellular hotspot.

I tried the amtm wan failover script and it allowed me to connect to the gateway IP on the secondary wan network. The script itself did not work correctly in my case over the asus stock solution.

The stock solution does not allow me to reach the secondary wan gateway IP to log into the hotspot router. If for example my secondary wan has networking IP 192.168.0.2 with the gateway being 192.168.0.1, what command can I put into my asus router to be able to hit the gateway IP in the browser?

Thank you for anyone who can help me with this.

I have a dual wan setup where I can failover to my secondary wan which is tethered to a cellular hotspot.

I tried the amtm wan failover script and it allowed me to connect to the gateway IP on the secondary wan network. The script itself did not work correctly in my case over the asus stock solution.

The stock solution does not allow me to reach the secondary wan gateway IP to log into the hotspot router. If for example my secondary wan has networking IP 192.168.0.2 with the gateway being 192.168.0.1, what command can I put into my asus router to be able to hit the gateway IP in the browser?

Thank you for anyone who can help me with this.

A static route might do it but would need to see what your current static routes are to say for sure. But you can try it, add a static route for 192.168.0.0/24 (or whatever mask you have set there) via 192.168.0.1 and tag it as "WAN" (or maybe dual WAN gives you two WAN options, if so choose WAN 2). Or perhaps that interface is just totally down when in standby mode and you won't be able to access it at all with stock solutions.

If you install Merlin you should be able to find a good dual WAN script, there are a few out there for different things.

A static route might do it but would need to see what your current static routes are to say for sure. But you can try it, add a static route for 192.168.0.0/24 (or whatever mask you have set there) via 192.168.0.1 and tag it as "WAN" (or maybe dual WAN gives you two WAN options, if so choose WAN 2). Or perhaps that interface is just totally down when in standby mode and you won't be able to access it at all with stock solutions.

If you install Merlin you should be able to find a good dual WAN script, there are a few out there for different things.
Thanks for the reply. SO i am using merlin firmware but the stock wan failover setting.

To my understanding, there is some commands I can run in the ssh session to enable the ability to visit the wan1(second wan) gateway IP in the Web browser. IE putting 192.168.0.1 into my web browser would route to wan1.

I do not need any scripts running, I just want to be able to run the command anytime I want to troubleshoot my wan1 device directly.

Thanks for the reply. SO i am using merlin firmware but the stock wan failover setting.

To my understanding, there is some commands I can run in the ssh session to enable the ability to visit the wan1(second wan) gateway IP in the Web browser. IE putting 192.168.0.1 into my web browser would route to wan1.

I do not need any scripts running, I just want to be able to run the command anytime I want to troubleshoot my wan1 device directly.

The static route is the only thing I can think of but others who have used dual WAN can hopefully provide more info.