What's new

Unbound Segmentation fault and uninstalling unbound failure...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Luciferikass

Occasional Visitor
Hi all. I was trying to update unbound and got a segmentation fault. I found a recent post by Mr. Martineau that said to remove unbound. I tried via AMTM and that failed so I grep'd for the packages (opkg list |grep unbound) and tried to opkg remove each one but they all fail. For instance:

admin@RT-AC68U-E478:/tmp/home/root# opkg remove unbound-daemon --force-remove
No packages removed.
admin@RT-AC68U-E478:/tmp/home/root# opkg remove unbound-daemon --force-remove --force-space
No packages removed.
admin@RT-AC68U-E478:/tmp/home/root# opkg remove unbound-daemon --force-space
No packages removed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi all. I was trying to update unbound and got a segmentation fault. I found a recent post by Mr. Martineau that said to remove unbound. I tried via AMTM and that failed so I grep'd for the packages (opkg list |grep unbound) and tried to opkg remove each one but they all fail. For instance:

admin@RT-AC68U-E478:/tmp/home/root# opkg remove unbound-daemon --force-remove
No packages removed.
admin@RT-AC68U-E478:/tmp/home/root# opkg remove unbound-daemon --force-remove --force-space
No packages removed.
admin@RT-AC68U-E478:/tmp/home/root# opkg remove unbound-daemon --force-space
No packages removed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Which modules do you have installed?
Code:
opkg list-installed | grep -i unbound

Which modules do you have installed?
Code:
opkg list-installed | grep -i unbound

admin@RT-AC68U-E478:/tmp/home/root# opkg list |grep -i unbound
asterisk-res-resolver-unbound - 18.7.1-1 - Unbound DNS resolver support.
libunbound - 1.13.2-1 - This package contains the Unbound library including 'libevent', 'libmnl', and 'libpthread' to better handle large networks with heavy query loads. Options are available to custom trim Unbound for smaller targets.
unbound-anchor - 1.13.2-1 - This package contains the Unbound anchor utility.
unbound-checkconf - 1.13.2-1 - This package contains the Unbound DNS configuration checker utility.
unbound-control - 1.13.2-1 - This package contains the Unbound control utility.
unbound-control-setup - 1.13.2-1 - This package contains the Unbound control setup utility.
unbound-daemon - 1.13.2-1 - This package contains the Unbound daemon including 'libevent', 'libmnl', and 'libpthread' to better handle large networks with heavy query loads. Options are available under libraries/network/libunbound to custom trim Unbound for smaller targets.
unbound-host - 1.13.2-1 - This package contains the Unbound DNS lookup utility.

Same situation here. Unbound Manger on AMTM Asus RT AC1900P router unbound congiguration file error. I have tried the SSH commands from LuciferKass same thing no packages removed. "Unbound.Conf" says "Not Found"

Main Issue is when I attempt to start, update or uninstall Unbound Manager via AMTM it responds

*unbound-checkconf: error while loading shared libraries: libbunbound.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such y

***ERROR INVALID unbound configuration - use option 'vx' to correct 'unbound.conf or'rl' to load a valid congigue or 'e' exit; then issue debug command unbound - dv***

Have tried the "vx" 'rl' and unbound -dv commands to no avail. Any help appreciated.

Same situation here. Unbound Manger on AMTM Asus RT AC1900P router unbound congiguration file error. I have tried the SSH commands from LuciferKass same thing no packages removed. "Unbound.Conf" says "Not Found"

Main Issue is when I attempt to start, update or uninstall Unbound Manager via AMTM it responds

*unbound-checkconf: error while loading shared libraries: libbunbound.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such y

***ERROR INVALID unbound configuration - use option 'vx' to correct 'unbound.conf or'rl' to load a valid congigue or 'e' exit; then issue debug command unbound - dv***

Have tried the "vx" 'rl' and unbound -dv commands to no avail. Any help appreciated.
You could try a manual wipe of unbound_manager

Code:
opkg remove libunbound --force-depends

rm -r /jffs/addons/unbound

rm -r /opt/share/unbound

Upgrade Entware via amtm; then retry an install of unbound_manager via amtm

You could try a manual wipe of unbound_manager

Code:
opkg remove libunbound --force-depends

rm -r /jffs/addons/unbound

rm -r /opt/share/unbound

Upgrade Entware via amtm; then retry an install of unbound_manager via amtm
Apologies for jumping in...
After trying the above commands a couple of times, I still get the following and Unbound install fails. Not sure where to go from here.
Code:
Do you want to ENABLE unbound logging? (NO recommended)

Reply 'y' or press ENTER  to skip

Segmentation fault
Segmentation fault
Restarting dnsmasq.....
Done.

***ERROR FATAL...ABORTing!
unbound -dv produces...
Code:
unbound: symbol lookup error: unbound: undefined symbol: edns_strings_delete

Apologies for jumping in...
After trying the above commands a couple of times, I still get the following and Unbound install fails. Not sure where to go from here.
Code:
Do you want to ENABLE unbound logging? (NO recommended)

Reply 'y' or press ENTER  to skip

Segmentation fault
Segmentation fault
Restarting dnsmasq.....
Done.

***ERROR FATAL...ABORTing!
unbound -dv produces...
Code:
unbound: symbol lookup error: unbound: undefined symbol: edns_strings_delete
Can you try these
Code:
opkg --force-depends --force-removal-of-dependent-packages remove unbound-checkconf unbound-control-setup unbound-control unbound-anchor unbound-daemon

rm -r /opt/var/lib/unbound/adblock
rm -r /opt/var/lib/unbound

I got the same error. Might it be a problem with Entware itself?

I got the same error. Might it be a problem with Entware itself?
All previous segmentation faults have been Entware related.

You could try reinstalling a fresh Entware repository using amtm (preferably to a new USB drive) or rename any existing Entware installation beforehand.

You could try reinstalling a fresh Entware repository using amtm (preferably to a new USB drive) or rename any existing Entware installation beforehand.
Ok, I'll give that a go later today. Thanks for the help and I'll let you know how it works out.

A quick rename and a fresh install solved the Segmentation Faults and Unbound installed successfully. Thank you!

I cleared this up myself but updating to the latest firmware version after that unbound updated and is running without issue.