What's new

Send iptables from AX-86U to raspberry pi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shobhit_bhardwaj

New Around Here
I am using RPi3 as syslog server and sending syslog from my AX-86u to it. I am wondering if there is a way to send iptables from the router to RPi3?
I am running latest Merlin on the router.

Unlike the syslog, the firewall is pretty much static once configured. Are you asking for each change to the firewall be reported to the RPi? I suppose you could use the firewall script to dump the output from iptables to a file and use scp to send it to the RPi. However, it's not clear what benefit this would provide.

I want to capture the geoip of the connected IPs and send it over to grafana. doing it from syslog is too much of a pain. so was wondering if getting dump IPtable will help.

What do you suggest is the most optimized way to get this? I am also looking to fetch router's resource usage & temp (cpu and ram) and also current b/w flowing through it. If possible current b/w per client.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!