What's new

Set up secondary router with VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

edwardlondon

New Around Here
I am in the US with AT&T as my internet provider. I have just signed up with Nord VPN. As my current router does not support VPN, I have bought one that does, the Asus AC2900 (RT-AC86U).

I am a complete novice at this type of thing, and need solid step-by-step advice how to set the Asus router with Nord VPN, and to have this router connected to my AT&T router.

I am in the US with AT&T as my internet provider. I have just signed up with Nord VPN. As my current router does not support VPN, I have bought one that does, the Asus AC2900 (RT-AC86U).

I am a complete novice at this type of thing, and need solid step-by-step advice how to set the Asus router with Nord VPN, and to have this router connected to my AT&T router.

Attached is how you setup a double NAT to put your ASUS router behind the AT&T router.

I also suggest that you flash Merlin's firmware onto your AC86 as it will give you more flexibility with your VPN particularly policy based routing which will let you select which devices use the VPN and which use the WAN. It is a very simple process and if you search this site you will find tips on how to accomplish switching to Merlin.

Attachments

• How to double NAT two routers.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 138

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!