What's new

Setting up remote access to Download Master?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shas95

Occasional Visitor
Hello all,

I just purchased a AC66U and really do love the router as it is much better than my previous ISP provided router. I really like the Download Master as it is much more convenient than leaving my pc on all night to download big files but I am struggling to access it when I am not connected to my home network. I have managed to make a DDNS to access the router but when I try to go into the download master the page for it wont load. I read somewhere that theirs a box to tick in the administration section of the router to enable access to it but all I can see is "Enable Web Access from WAN".

The firmware it is running is 3.0.0.4.266.

Can anybody help me setting up access to it please?

dude, i can't even get the download manager to start a download. it just says "failed to add new task"

As Aristar said, download manager does not work very well ATM, so I won't bother a lot in your case.

Anyways, if It's working for you and you need the functionality, i suggest that you enable PPTP VPN server in router. Is fairly easy, and you can connect remotely to it and act like if you were in your local network from the net.

Hello all,

I just purchased a AC66U and really do love the router as it is much better than my previous ISP provided router. I really like the Download Master as it is much more convenient than leaving my pc on all night to download big files but I am struggling to access it when I am not connected to my home network. I have managed to make a DDNS to access the router but when I try to go into the download master the page for it wont load. I read somewhere that theirs a box to tick in the administration section of the router to enable access to it but all I can see is "Enable Web Access from WAN".

The firmware it is running is 3.0.0.4.266.

Can anybody help me setting up access to it please?

What do you mean by access Download Master when you are not connected to your home network? Do you mean you want to access the files you downloaded? For that, just use AICloud. Follow the instructions in the manual to set it up. It works great.

Not sure why you would want to access Download Master when you are not on your network. To see the progress of downloads?

Download Master also works great if you just follow the instructions to set it up. And download and install the Download Master client for Windows and all you have to do is click the torrent file and it will start downloading in Download Master. Or just copy and paste the link into Download Master.

Same here...

I too would like to access download master but can't through web access from outside the network. I keep getting a TCP error. I'm going to check the ASUS forums to see if there is a fix in the works.

@roscolo - he means that he's not at home, and he's enabled the option to remotely administer his network from the web. It's an easy switch to throw, and works wonderfully for everything except download master :mad:

So far, the only odd thing about it is that it's bouncing from port 8080 to port 8081 to access the download master. Not sure if that has anything to do with it...

Last edited: