What's new

Setting up Transmission through Entware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have proper fire wall rules setup for the ipv6? i normally don't recommend turning off ipv6 firewall, but if you wish to test this, turn it off then make the appropriate changes to see if it turns back to 0.0.0.0. It may be reverting back to 0.0.0.0 because that is all the firewall is allowing through.
I opened ports in firewall by using following
Code:
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 51413 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -p udp --destination-port 51413 -j ACCEPT

It reports always on ipv4 as open, i don't know how to trigger them in ipv6, any guidelines??

Code:

It reports always on ipv4 as open, i don't know how to trigger them in ipv6, any guidelines??
that only works for IPV4 tables, that is why i wanted you to test without ipv6 firewall, to confirm my suspicions. transmission might be falling back to just ipv4 since it does not detect an ipv6 route.

Code:

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 9092 -j ACCEPT

ip6tables -I INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 51413 -j ACCEPT

ip6tables -I INPUT -p udp --destination-port 51413 -j ACCEPT

ip6tables -I INPUT -p tcp --destination-port 9092 -j ACCEPT
this is my setup, note 9092 is what port my tranmission rpc is on.

Code:

From my understanding, with a dual stack and bind-address-ipv4 and bind-address-ipv6 defined, the RPC bind address should be using both ipv4 and 6 even if all you see is 0.0.0.0 listed. You just need to make sure the route is clear for ipv6 to travel. you can confirm that it is configured correctly by checking with netstat. Note you may need to go through a full reboot in order to see everything though.

upload_2020-4-9_19-16-43.png

- I hope this helps.

From my understanding, with a dual stack and bind-address-ipv4 and bind-address-ipv6 defined, the RPC bind address should be using both ipv4 and 6 even if all you see is 0.0.0.0 listed. You just need to make sure the route is clear for ipv6 to travel. you can confirm that it is configured correctly by checking with netstat. Note you may need to go through a full reboot in order to see everything though.

View attachment 22509

- I hope this helps.
Thanks for help
Yes, it's working fine, though daemon ui doesn't show it right or whatever, but yes it's listening at ipv4 + ipv6 as well ;)

Screenshot_20200410-044121.jpg

Two questions from me.

1. Is it possible to add SOCKS5 for trackers in a current version of transmission in Entware? If so, which parameters should be used in json?

2. The script provided @ryzhovau for updating current active torrents with additional trackers seems to not working as torrentz.eu is blocked for some regions (now we need to use torrentz2eu.org for instance). Is it possible to use https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ngosang/trackerslist/master/trackers_best_ip.txt as a source of additional trackers? If yes - how to add it in transmission settings?

P.S. "opkg install transmission-remote-openssl" command fails now and should be changed into "opkg install transmission-remote"

Last edited:
Two questions from me.

1. Is it possible to add SOCKS5 for trackers in a current version of transmission in Entware? If so, which parameters should be used in json?

2. The script provided @ryzhovau for updating current active torrents with additional trackers seems to not working as torrentz.eu is blocked for some regions (now we need to use torrentz2eu.org for instance). Is it possible to use https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ngosang/trackerslist/master/trackers_best_ip.txt as a source of additional trackers? If yes - how to add it in transmission settings?

P.S. "opkg install transmission-remote-openssl" command fails now and should be changed into "opkg install transmission-remote"
This thread is out dated any ways (way older than 6months) shouldn't it be locked already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!