What's new

Entware Transmission through Entware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gjf

This thread is started because of this advice.

Two questions from me regerding Transmission (but I think there will be more from others later).

1. Is it possible to add SOCKS5 for trackers in a current version of transmission in Entware? If so, which parameters should be used in json?

2. The script provided @ryzhovau for updating current active torrents with additional trackers seems to not working as torrentz.eu is blocked for some regions (now we need to use torrentz2eu.org for instance). Is it possible to use https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ngosang/trackerslist/master/trackers_best_ip.txt as a source of additional trackers? If yes - how to add it in transmission settings?

P.S. "opkg install transmission-remote-openssl" command fails now and should be changed into "opkg install transmission-remote"

Two questions from me regerding Transmission (but I think there will be more from others later).

1. Is it possible to add SOCKS5 for trackers in a current version of transmission in Entware? If so, which parameters should be used in json?

2. The script provided @ryzhovau for updating current active torrents with additional trackers seems to not working as torrentz.eu is blocked for some regions (now we need to use torrentz2eu.org for instance). Is it possible to use https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ngosang/trackerslist/master/trackers_best_ip.txt as a source of additional trackers? If yes - how to add it in transmission settings?

P.S. "opkg install transmission-remote-openssl" command fails now and should be changed into "opkg install transmission-remote"
It appears the method is still used. As far as adding SOCKS5, I am not sure what you mean. Are you talking about proxying your connection through a socks5? If so, your trackers may have to be sent transparently through firewall?

this is what I use for mine.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Get transmission credentials
auth='username:password'                                            #(example: username:password)

add_trackers () {
    torrent_hash=$1
    base_url='https://torrentz2.eu'
    pattern='announcelist_[0-9]+'

announce_list=`wget -qO - ${base_url}/${torrent_hash} | grep -Eo "${pattern}"`

if [ -z "$announce_list" ] ; then
        echo 'No additional trackers found, sorry.'
        continue
    fi

echo "adding trackers for $torrent_hash..."

for tracker in $(wget -qO - ${base_url}/${announce_list}) ; do
        echo -n "* ${tracker}..."
        if [ -z "$(transmission-remote  --auth=$auth --torrent ${torrent_hash} -td ${tracker} | grep 'success')" ]; then
            echo ' failed.'
        else
            echo ' done.'
        fi
    done
}

# Get list of active torrents
ids="$(transmission-remote --auth=$auth --list | grep -vE 'Seeding|Stopped' | grep '^ ' | awk '{ print $1 }')"

for id in $ids ; do
    echo "Processing torrent #$id..."
    hash="$(transmission-remote --auth=$auth  --torrent $id --info | grep '^  Hash: ' | awk '{ print $2 }')"
    add_trackers $hash
done

Mine looks older than the one you shared.

I imagine if you were going to use that list of trackers all you would need to do is some how modify lines 7 thru 9 of this script. but you would need to improve the script logic to be able to interpret all the links. However, I honestly don't know if wget can pickup from addresses at varying ports like that. You would really need to do some testing.

@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow

Not working as torrentz2.eu does not ressolve at all. You need at leats to change it into torrentz2eu.org or some other mirror.

As for proxy: I want to connect to trackers thru SOCKS5. p2p connections should be direct. So transparent proxy is not a solution.
Have you tried making sure you have torrentz2.eu whitelisted in any blockers or firewall additions you might be using?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!