What's new

Setup New Home Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

aldysts92

New Around Here
Hi guys,

I want to know if my setup already correct since I am using cctv technician.
My ISP provided me with 150mbps speed up/down. Right now I have getting Modem and Router from the ISP itself which is Huawei HG8245H which have 4 ports Gigabit Ethernet and D-Link Gigabit Switch 16 Ports.
The simple diagram is like this :
Huawei Router -> Switch -> Spread to all room in the house with at least 2 ethernet wall port each room.
2 Port on living room will be connected to TV and Asus Router (AP) RT-AC86U/RT-AX56U ( For house with 5500sqft not sure gonna enough cover all house or not)
2 Port on masterbed will be connected to 1 PC and 1 TV.
1 Port on each kidsbedroom will be connected to TV.
People in the house 6 active user mainly using smartphone.

My concern is this setup will be stable enough? Or I need to add another good router in between Huawei and D-Link Switch?
I havent tried it yet since my new house gonna finish next month, so I want to make sure first the setup is okay. My PC will be used for gaming and TV for streaming youtube / Netflix.

Thankyou

Hi guys,

I want to know if my setup already correct since I am using cctv technician.
My ISP provided me with 150mbps speed up/down. Right now I have getting Modem and Router from the ISP itself which is Huawei HG8245H which have 4 ports Gigabit Ethernet and D-Link Gigabit Switch 16 Ports.
The simple diagram is like this :
Huawei Router -> Switch -> Spread to all room in the house with at least 2 ethernet wall port each room.
2 Port on living room will be connected to TV and Asus Router (AP) RT-AC86U/RT-AX56U ( For house with 5500sqft not sure gonna enough cover all house or not)
2 Port on masterbed will be connected to 1 PC and 1 TV.
1 Port on each kidsbedroom will be connected to TV.
People in the house 6 active user mainly using smartphone.

My concern is this setup will be stable enough? Or I need to add another good router in between Huawei and D-Link Switch?
I havent tried it yet since my new house gonna finish next month, so I want to make sure first the setup is okay. My PC will be used for gaming and TV for streaming youtube / Netflix.

Thankyou

What you have seems ok. If you don't like the ISP router, replace it or bridge mode it and add your own.

If you need more WiFi coverage, you'll be adding wired APs or a wired/wireless mesh system.

Me, I wouldn't put a TV in the kidsbedroom... just a desk and eventually a computer.

OE

What you have seems ok. If you don't like the ISP router, replace it or bridge mode it and add your own.

If you need more WiFi coverage, you'll be adding wired APs or a wired/wireless mesh system.

Me, I wouldn't put a TV in the kidsbedroom... just a desk and eventually a computer.

OE

Hi,
Thankyou for your response. Actually I can't change the ISP router since its a must to use to gain the fiber optic connection, I only can adding another router. I already tried pulling the cable from the switch into Asus AC86U router in the middle of 1st floor. Whole first floor and room are covered well, but second floor only get barely 1 bar and speed under 1mpbs.
The speedtest connection also shows lot of jitters. Is it because bad D-Link Switch Gigabit Router? Because at my parents house I use this Asus AC86U router direclty from the ISP router it works very well no jitters. Should I put good asus Router in between the ISP router and switch? Since the switch controlling 16 channel CCTV and NVR.

Hi,
Thankyou for your response. Actually I can't change the ISP router since its a must to use to gain the fiber optic connection, I only can adding another router. I already tried pulling the cable from the switch into Asus AC86U router in the middle of 1st floor. Whole first floor and room are covered well, but second floor only get barely 1 bar and speed under 1mpbs.
The speedtest connection also shows lot of jitters. Is it because bad D-Link Switch Gigabit Router? Because at my parents house I use this Asus AC86U router direclty from the ISP router it works very well no jitters. Should I put good asus Router in between the ISP router and switch? Since the switch controlling 16 channel CCTV and NVR.

Are you using the AC86U in AP Mode?

The switch should not add jitter. Perhaps try the 86U (in AP mode) connected directly to the ISP router.

OE

Are you using the AC86U in AP Mode?

The switch should not add jitter. Perhaps try the 86U (in AP mode) connected directly to the ISP router.

OE
Yes it was on AP mode. So from the ISP router to the switch and then go to AC86U WAN Port. Yeah later I want to try connect directly from ISP router to my 2x AX56U when it came and put it on AiMesh Mode hopefully it is working well.
The AC86U still used on my parents house which is where I am still living right now until my own house finished so I need my own router haha.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!