What's new

Should I upgrade the firmware on my DIR-860L?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gm2racer

New Around Here
I just bought a D-Link DIR-860L from Staples (if you search the site, 2 come up, I bought the one for $99.99) to upgrade the wireless in my house. The router came with "Firmware Version : 1.00". Is it safe to upgrade it to the latest (1.03) found on the D-Link support site? Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I would go to the d-link user forum site (there is one) and see what the users say about this version of the firmware. This would give you access to the experiences of users that are actually using this firmware version.

That's what I'd do, anyways.

I wound up upgrading to the latest available via the D-Link web console (v1.05) and my 802.11n connections (I don't have any AC devices yet) seem to be working faster.

I wound up upgrading to the latest available via the D-Link web console (v1.05) and my 802.11n connections (I don't have any AC devices yet) seem to be working faster.

Sounds good! Enjoy.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!