What's new

Signs of aging WiFi hardware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I did an experiment today with a spare WAP571 that i have in case one breaks down. Did a full reset and connected it to to my network and went through the wizard. I didn't configure single point set up and except for SSID and PW, left everything on default settings. The AP was still on 1.1.0.5 so i left that too. I reached 500mbps on iphone12pro with speedtest without any issue! I then upgrade to 1.1.0.6 and re-did the test. Also got to 480mbps. These are similar results than i used to have on the main AP's. The question now is, what is causing this decrease on my existing AP's. It will be quite a long task to go and switch every setting that is different on and off

There are many known and unknown instances (see forums) where toggling settings on/off is not the same as leaving them at their defaults (after a full reset).

You can try to read years of posts, or just do a full reset and save yourself the hassle.

Better yet, use the spare you've partly setup already, and leave the current router 'as-is', for now, in storage/backup mode.

There are many known and unknown instances (see forums) where toggling settings on/off is not the same as leaving them at their defaults (after a full reset).

You can try to read years of posts, or just do a full reset and save yourself the hassle.

Better yet, use the spare you've partly setup already, and leave the current router 'as-is', for now, in storage/backup mode.

I am first going to hook up the spare AP instead of an existing one and see what it does. The one thing i wasn't able to simulate is POE+ from the switch vs POE+ injector as i don't have switch POE+ in my office so i had to use an injector instead.

Well, done that in the mean time. It is definitely not the POE+. The spare also clocks at 500mbps hooked up to the switch with POE+ so it is definitely not a power issue. Based on your comments, the plan of attack is simple. Hook up the spare in one location, configure to be part of the cluster and VLANs, test and if ok, reset the old one, hook it up at the 2nd location and configure and again until all are done.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!