What's new

Skip 384.13?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Elmer

Was in a building the other day that didn't have a 13th floor. Decision time.

Well, 13 is my lucky number.

Wife lived at number 13, we met on Feb 13 and there is 13 months age difference between us.

Now’t wrong with 13. Ha.

I've never been in a building in the U.S. that had a 13th floor. Not to say the don't exist, but I bet they're few and far between.

I've never been in a building in the U.S. that had a 13th floor. Not to say the don't exist, but I bet they're few and far between.

If your on the 14th....you know which floor you’re really on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 (thirteen) is the natural number following 12 and preceding 14.

It's a number just like any other number. In Switzerland we have a 13th (or some even have a 14th) month salary. Would one say no to that because of a certain number?

13 (thirteen) is the natural number following 12 and preceding 14.

It's a number just like any other number. In Switzerland we have a 13th (or some even have a 14th) month salary. Would one say no to that because of a certain number?
Because people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals (h/t MIB). You want crazy, just try assigning someone a phone number with the sequence 666 in it (although I do know someone who has the sequence and loves it).

Because people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals (h/t MIB). You want crazy, just try assigning someone a phone number with the sequence 666 in it (although I do know someone who has the sequence and loves it).
I never cared and don't believe in such human created beliefs. Yet, here I am, with the same old bad days/good days ratio as any other creature on this planet.
Go figure. Gives you something to talk about I guess for small talk situations, which I'm terrible at.

I never cared and don't believe in such human created beliefs. Yet, here I am, with the same old bad days/good days ratio as any other creature on this planet.
Go figure. Gives you something to talk about I guess for small talk situations, which I'm terrible at.
Yep, I couldn't care less about anyone's mythical sky giant. I recommend not mentioning that in most places in the U.S. though. Particularly the deep south.

I live on the 13th floor and no disasters yet so 384.13 confirmed!

please stop this totally nonsense!
Let it be what it is, a number same like all others!!!
You should believe in facts and not religions or myths.

If you skip 13th floor the 14th will be your hated floor bringing bad luck.
You would have to stop build houses with more than 12 floors!
What definitely would be a wise decision but for completely other reasons.

please stop this totally nonsense!
Let it be what it is, a number same like all others!!!
You should believe in facts and not religions or myths.

If you skip 13th floor the 14th will be your hated floor bringing bad luck.
You would have to stop build houses with more than 12 floors!
What definitely would be a wise decision but for completely other reasons.
The local weather woman says it could get up to 39° C where I live (102.2° F for those across the pond). Three times the discussed number!

(That's a lie, predicted are 35° C, just as the myth is. Currently sunny side and back of my house thermometers showing 35.1 and 32,1 C. Ha!)

I am on 384.13 , never worked better!

The local weather woman says it could get up to 39° C where I live (102.2° F for those across the pond). Three times the discussed number!

(That's a lie, predicted are 35° C, just as the myth is. Currently sunny side and back of my house thermometers showing 35.1 and 32,1 C. Ha!)
Thats the solution for their problem!
You changed scaling (divide by 3) to get bad numbers.

Lets change from decimal to binary and there never be again a 13, only 0 and 1s left.
Or duodecimals (12) like much used in the past.

Just to continue this silly thread: I renamed my Diversion development version from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3 a minute ago.
So far so good :D

Here's the thing: in the US, the ground floor is 1, and in most of the world the second floor is the first floor and the first floor doesn't have a number. So in most of the world, the 13th floor is what we call the 14th. And from then on we're good. So think of it like a leap floor. Also, in most of the world, people on what is numbered the 13th floor are really on the 14th, so they are free from whatever it is.

Here's the thing: in the US, the ground floor is 1, and in most of the world the second floor is the first floor and the first floor doesn't have a number. So in most of the world, the 13th floor is what we call the 14th. And from then on we're good. So think of it like a leap floor. Also, in most of the world, people on what is numbered the 13th floor are really on the 14th, so they are free from whatever it is.
what did you consume last 12h? I want it too!

Do you know US started with 13 colonies?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteen_Colonies

Hence I have to correct myself, 13 is really a bad number :p

Last edited:
For some reason on my RT-AC66U router firmware version 386.66_6 works best. :rolleyes:
Seriously, this firmware is the only version that keeps Media Bridge alive forever, no kidding.

If you visit Toronto and get inside one of those residential skyscrapers downtown you may find not only floor 13 missing, but also 4, 14, 24, 34 and so on. We have a lot of Asian fellows around and the number 4 is considered unlucky in some Asian cultures.

Wait a second!
Now I realize where my VPN connection issues came from in Merlin's 384.x firmware!
And my router is Made in China... bad, really bad luck. Eric, come on man! :D

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!