What's new

Slow to connect to internet...Solid ping...Fast transfer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

korya

New Around Here
This is hard for me to describe. It takes a very long time for me to connect to the internet over my home Wi-Fi with my cell phone and nexus 7 tablet.

From my Samsung S6 on Speed test I will get 30 ms ping with 60 Mbps down and 5 up...the only problem is it takes 3 or 4 minuets to connect to the site (it keeps looking for the best server). But all of my PC's it takes seconds................Why?

You tube videos stream with no lag...But it takes a long tine to connect. I have a very strong signal...Asus router RT-AC68U.

Is their a problem with the Asus routers and Android?

Sounds like it could be a faulty IPv6 fallback or dual stack implementation on Android (keeps trying IPv6 even if the site doesn't support it). If you have IPv6 enabled try disabling it either on the router or the Android client (I'm not all that familiar with Android, so don't know if it's possible at the client).

I wonder if downgrading to Merlin 378.54_2 solves your issues?

I am having problems hard to describe as well with Windows 7 computers and my Asus router RT-AC68U running Merlin 378.56. Speedtest shows decent results, but the initial connection to websites is very slow. Also, my VPN connection to work drops every few minutes. Merlin 378.54_2 works perfectly for me, however. I've done the factory reset every time I've upgraded to 378.56 but I must be missing something. Downgrading to 378.54_2 solves all of my issues (have tried 5 times now).

Running Asus firmware 3.0.0.4.378_9135. I will flash with Merlin this weekend. I have two RT-AC68U's and both do the same thing. Android pad (old Nexus 7), Samsung S6 active, an old iPhone all very slow to connect to a web site over my wi-fi. Turn off the wi-fi on phones and they connect to web sites quickly with much slower download and upload speeds.
I am at a loss.

I don't know how but could it be my modem? Arris SB6141

Thank For the feed back so far.

Running Asus firmware 3.0.0.4.378_9135. I will flash with Merlin this weekend. I have two RT-AC68U's and both do the same thing. Android pad (old Nexus 7), Samsung S6 active, an old iPhone all very slow to connect to a web site over my wi-fi. Turn off the wi-fi on phones and they connect to web sites quickly with much slower download and upload speeds.
I am at a loss.

I don't know how but could it be my modem? Arris SB6141

Thank For the feed back so far.

Update to Merlin on both routers still the same problem. Why only on my phones and old nexus 7...? iPad works fine

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!