What's new

Slow WiFi speeds with RT-AC68R vs ethernet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

teohenwhy

New Around Here
My wifi speeds are only around 250mbps but with ethernet im getting around 600mbps. What would cause my wifi speeds to be less than half what my ethernet is giving me? TIA for any info.

Last edited:
What speedtest app are you using? Make sure that you have made adjustments in the network adapter to turn off stuff like Large Packet Offload, etc. It took me a bit to get my desktop with a USB 3.0 to Ethernet up to the max speed, along with WiFi. I have Xfinity’s gig service and the RT-68U. I am getting around 525/38 on my iPad Pro. I do have Diversion running on[ my Merlin install.

What speedtest app are you using? Make sure that you have made adjustments in the network adapter to turn off stuff like Large Packet Offload, etc. It took me a bit to get my desktop with a USB 3.0 to Ethernet up to the max speed, along with WiFi. I have Xfinity’s gig service and the RT-68U. I am getting around 525/38 on my iPad Pro. I do have Diversion running on[ my Merlin install.
I used Speedtest.net as well as Comcast’s speedtest. I figured out part of my issue and now it’s just a slower WiFi signal that I’m having.

Last edited:
I figured out part of my issue and now it’s just a slower WiFi signal that I’m having.

About 600Mbps WiFi throughput is possible only with 3x3 AC client, quiet WiFi networks around and close to the router, or 1300Mbps link speed. With 2x2 AC clients (866Mbps link speed) you can get about 400Mbps, with 1x1 AC (433Mbps link speed) clients about 200mbps.

I
About 600Mbps WiFi throughput is possible only with 3x3 AC client, quiet WiFi networks around and close to the router, or 1300Mbps link speed. With 2x2 AC clients (866Mbps link speed) you can get about 400Mbps, with 1x1 AC (433Mbps link speed) clients about 200mbps.
i actually resolved the issue and now I’m getting over 500Mbps download on WiFi now. I just had to reset everything to defaults after upgrading the FW.

Attachments

• 35F38595-97B6-467A-A6BD-A5180593CB44.jpeg
    35F38595-97B6-467A-A6BD-A5180593CB44.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 247

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!