What's new

Smart Connect Asus RT-AC1900U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

guy1973

New Around Here
Hello,

Im a new user of a Asus RT-AC1900U and tried to install it today with the RT-AC68U_384.13_0

merlin firmware and then i couldnt find the place where i can change to something that asus call

"Smart Connect", i found this text from a webpage "Smart Connect is the feature which could automatically

steer clients to the most appropriate band (2.4GHz, 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2)."

Is this feature available now in this merlin software or will / can it be available in future updates or is it

a hardware issue with the AC1900U router i bought ?

thanks in advance for any answer, help on this question....

There is no "Smart Connect" on this model , not supported.

Thanks for the answer, do you also know the answer to this part of the question ?

"Is this feature available now in this merlin software or will / can it be available in future updates or is it a hardware issue with the AC1900U router i bought ?

Thanks for the answer, do you also know the answer to this part of the question ?

"Is this feature available now in this merlin software or will / can it be available in future updates or is it a hardware issue with the AC1900U router i bought ?

Smart Connect is not supported on AC1900/AC68/AC66 B1; the SSIDs have to be separate.

OE

can it be available in future updates or is it a hardware issue
It is not a hardware issue, the device is designed like that,and that will not change in the next fws. The device is not designed for this , "No Smart Connect " on this model.
Sorry

As Grisu said, you probably confused the 68 and 86

It is not a hardware issue, the device is designed like that,and that will not change in the next fws. The device is not designed for this , "No Smart Connect " on this model.
Sorry

As Grisu said, you probably confused the 68 and 86

I always assumed it is a hardware issue... that the WiFi chipset does not support Smart Connect functionality.

OE

Thank you all for your help, answers...

Great to see that my first post / question here was solved with great support from you all, thanks

have a nice day

Smart Connect is not that great anyway.
Provides easy, but not the best connection.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!