What's new

Solved SMB problem with new router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

maghuro

Very Senior Member
On my old RT-AC86U, I had a script that mounted a folder of my QNAP on router, and then rsync between that QNAP folder and another folder in the router. Everything worked flawlessly.

I switch today to GT-AX6000, copy pasted the entire script (none have changed, neither credentials of qnap), and it didn't work.

The command being used is:
Bash:
mount \\\\qnap.domain\\Backups\\GT-AX6000 /tmp/mnt/QNAP230 -t cifs -o "username=USER,password=PASS" -o vers=3.0

On the GT-AX6000, the output is:
mount: mounting \\qnap.domain\Backups\GT-AX6000 on /tmp/mnt/QNAP230 failed: Permission denied

I double checked login and password, I searched the web, no success. I installed mount-utils and tried, the result was different but no success:

mount: /tmp/mnt/QNAP230: bad option; for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program.

Can someone help me to figure out what am I doing wrong?

Edit: solution, see post #9

Last edited:
Remove the mount-utils package as it will conflict with the router's built-in commands.

Do you have Samba enabled on the router?

Remove the mount-utils package as it will conflict with the router's built-in commands.

Do you have Samba enabled on the router?
Removed.

Samba server disabled. I tried to enable it, for sake of testing, and same error.

Leave the Samba server enabled and sharing something. Then reboot the router and try again.

Strange. Might be a regression bug in the 388.x firmware. Try using vers=2.1 or vers=2.0 instead.

The latest builds are missing a kernel module. @RMerlin commented on the same issue in another thread. I am trying to find the post/kernel module at the moment. The module is in the /lib directory somewhere, I just need to to remember what it is.......

I had the same exact issue. Moving from an AX88U (fw 386) to AX88U Pro (fw 388).

As @Jeffrey Young said, simply add:

/sbin/modprobe md4

As the first line in your /jffs/scripts/services-start file.