What's new

Solved [SOLUTION] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 PortForwarding Not Working To Private Gateway Address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It appears that 443 INPUT rule is associated with something else as it still remains even after disabling PortForwarding.
Just a followup to confirm that this rule is created because AiCloud (aka webdav/lighttpd) has been enabled.

Just a followup to confirm that this rule is created because AiCloud (aka webdav/lighttpd) has been enabled.

@ColinTaylor

I can confirm that the 443 INPUT Rule is related to "Smart Access" of AiCloud being enabled.

Thanks, again, for your assistance.

Respectfully,

Gary

The young ones are always keen to recreate the wheel. While older ones see each second as too precious to waste. :D

Solved in 24 hours vs. (possibly) being solved by a 30-minute upgrade. ;)

The young ones are always keen to recreate the wheel. While older ones see each second as too precious to waste. :D

an upgrade doesn't change how a firewall works when blocking traffic. unless, of course, it breaks the firewall such that it doesn't block anything. then the problem is "solved"

I can't comment on that @Jack Yaz.

What I do know is that the methods to the same end change between firmware versions and therein may be the 'fix'. (That is why I stated 'possibly').

Try the easiest/fastest fix first, then go to more in-depth and time-consuming solutions (as needed), is my approach.

No worries, there are many ways to skin a cat. These threads are great for the amount of sleuthing/deducing possible in the networking subspace.

@L&LD

Alas... A clean vs dirty upgrade between major versions with a high level of customizations will take a great deal longer than 30-minutes and would have 'possibly' not resolved the issue.

I do appreciate the young mind compliment. My middle-age body would probably disagree with the comment, though. In this case, it's not that youth likes to recreate the wheel, but the aged mind forgets that the wheel was already created.

As always, it's a pleasure bantering with you @L&LD

What are you going to say when I do finally upgrade?

In Levity,

Gary

Last edited:
Just because you're thinking of eventually upgrading is enough for me.

I just want to see what you'll say when you do. ;)

The difference is valuing your time over all else.

Just because you're thinking of eventually upgrading is enough for me.

I just want to see what you'll say when you do. ;)

@L&LD

I will 'possibly' say, "@L&LD... Thanks for working through all the 386 bugs for me. Now, will you work through all the 388 bugs for me? Thanks!"

It's all a delicate act of security vs usability. You can see which side I tend to err on.

I'm surprised I've been a Linux and not a BSD Guy all these years.

In Levity,

Gary

Last edited: