What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hello, I tried by deleting the file /tmp/spdmerlin.lock and /jffs /scripts /spdmerlin, I restarted the router with the button but as soon as I reinstall Spdmerlin via AMTM or via the command, always the same problem . :(

everything is OK now :) I also deleted the spdmerlin.d file under jffs / addons and now everything works. thank you :)

@Jack Yaz I am happy to report that after upgrading to 384.18 which includes "CPU optimizations" from ASUS for my router, spdMerlin can execute 200/200Mbit test properly.

Hi,

I just updated to latest 384.18 Merlin for AC88U and even before the update spdmerlin worked fine, after I have this error:
echo: write error: No space left on device

I tried by uninstal spdmerlin and install again, but I still have this error.
Could you please advice?

Thank you so much!
amplatfus

Hi,

I just updated to latest 384.18 Merlin for AC88U and even before the update spdmerlin worked fine, after I have this error:
echo: write error: No space left on device

I tried by uninstal spdmerlin and install again, but I still have this error.
Could you please advice?

Thank you so much!
amplatfus
What do you get for
Code:
df -h

Thanks for fast reply.

Code:
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                30.6M     30.6M         0 100% /
devtmpfs                251.4M         0    251.4M   0% /dev
tmpfs                   251.6M      2.2M    249.3M   1% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock4           64.0M     14.8M     49.2M  23% /jffs
/dev/sda1                 1.8T      1.2T    521.3G  70% /tmp/mnt/Expansion
tmpfs                   251.6M      2.2M    249.3M   1% /www/index_style.css
tmpfs                   251.6M      2.2M    249.3M   1% /www/require/modules/menuTree.js

After uninstal and install I just did a restart and now I have another error:
SQLite header and source version mismatch

I used search on this thread and I found that I had the same error in the past and you gave me already a fix that worked again today:

Fix you gave me and works now again:
Code:
opkg update && opkg upgrade && opkg update && opkg upgrade

Source:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/s...edtests-with-graphs.55904/page-33#post-561973

You rock again and search rock too :)
Thank you for fast reply,
amplatfus

Does this test ignores any bandwith Limit settings or maybe any 95% hardcoded rule in the felxqos?

that would be why. ookla only have arm and x86/64 binaries :(
:(:(:( Thanks anyway!

I am now having another issue, the speed test historic data on my AC68U is nowhere to be found. And when I start the script and look at it, it seems all configuration has been lost. I didn't erase any NVRAM or changed anything, but today there was a significant power outage over here with multiple resets of the router. Where is the configuration supposed to be stored, in the JFFS? I don't see anything there. Data was supposed to be stored in the USB drive, as I toggled it when installing for the first time. Don't see anything there either. How do I backup these things, both configuration and historical data in a way I can restore and keep using the web page to view charts?
Thanks in advance!

upload_2020-7-9_21-53-41.png

Last edited:
I’ve noticed my speed test on my router was slow compared to my speed test with the app on my phone to the same destination. I’ve noticed the app have multi connection and single connections. When I selected single connection and ran the speed test it is about the same speed as what spdmerlin shows. I’ve looked through all the menus but I can’t seem to find multi/single connection setting. Is there such thing on spdmerlin? I’ve quickly looked through this thread and there was some mention about multi connection but it doesn’t say how to change it.

Is that a MIPS router? I knew not adding a check would bite me after the last report
Aha! Is that why it doen't work on the RT-N66U either? I can't install spdmerlin in this router which has the latest John's Fork.

Hi, I have a pair of Rt-Ax88U, 1 as router and the other running as a bridge. If i run Spdmerlin on the router i get my full speed every time, about 500mbps. The bridge only gets about 200mbps using the same server. The link between the 2 is great and i can transfer files between them around 900mbps. The CPU and RAM on both hardly move when the test is running. Any ideas please?

Hi, I have a pair of Rt-Ax88U, 1 as router and the other running as a bridge. If i run Spdmerlin on the router i get my full speed every time, about 500mbps. The bridge only gets about 200mbps using the same server. The link between the 2 is great and i can transfer files between them around 900mbps. The CPU and RAM on both hardly move when the test is running. Any ideas please?

What does this have to do with the thread title 'spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs'?

Are you saying that when you run the Spdmerlin addon on your primary router you get the expected speed results but when you run it (spdmerlin) directly from your bridge router you get around 200 which is much less? @Jack Yaz the author may need to intervene but I wasn't aware spdmerlin would run on a secondary bridge router. I thought the purpose of this addon was for people was to show them speed out to the internet from their primary router without the use of a PC.

use connmon

ookla servers dont all support latency testing - it would be a nightmare trying to support that

same situation for packet loss% ?

when i run spdMerlin manually the ookla report is giving me UL/DL speeds, amount of data, but also packet loss %
can't say for sure packet loss is always there for any server, but every time the random server is used in my manual spdmerlin run, loss% is there
maybe this could be included in the webgui table (not the graph)

Are you saying that when you run the Spdmerlin addon on your primary router you get the expected speed results but when you run it (spdmerlin) directly from your bridge router you get around 200 which is much less? @Jack Yaz the author may need to intervene but I wasn't aware spdmerlin would run on a secondary bridge router. I thought the purpose of this addon was for people was to show them speed out to the internet from their primary router without the use of a PC.

Hi, yes thats spot on. I asked Jack Yaz about 6months ago regarding running Spdmerlin from the bridge. At that point it didn't work but it does now since one of his updates. I was just trying to work out if I had something set wrong. I might be pushing what Spdmerlin was designed to do. If I run iperf3 between the router and bridge i get about 600Mbps. Thanks for your help.

@Andyandyandyandyandy, so do you get 600Mbps or 900Mbps between router and bridge? Your two posts are showing different information.

@Andyandyandyandyandy, so do you get 600Mbps or 900Mbps between router and bridge? Your two posts are showing different information.

Sorry I’ve been trying the bridge in different areas of the house. When in the same room about 1 metre apart for testing the throughput is 900Mbps copying from USB on router to laptop plugged into bridge. The router consistently gets 500mbps from internet through Spdmerlin. The bridge, even at those close range tops out at 200Mbps when Spdmerlin is run. The RAM shows 450mb free and the CPU barely registers anything when the test is run.

1 metre apart is too close, even for testing.

You need to test with normal/expected distances (at least 3 to 10 meters apart).

1 metre apart is too close, even for testing.

You need to test with normal/expected distances (at least 3 to 10 meters apart).

OK i'll make sure I test with a bit more distance. The eventual place for the bridge will be at the end of the garden. From there I'm getting about 600Mbps from the USB on router to laptop connected to bridge. Spdmerlin still shows about 200Mbps. I don't want to waste everyone's time if I'm trying to use Spdmerlin in the wrong way. Thanks for your help.

OK i'll make sure I test with a bit more distance. The eventual place for the bridge will be at the end of the garden. From there I'm getting about 600Mbps from the USB on router to laptop connected to bridge. Spdmerlin still shows about 200Mbps. I don't want to waste everyone's time if I'm trying to use Spdmerlin in the wrong way. Thanks for your help.
spdmerlin is a WAN test, so the only way it would give an accurate indication of the capability of the bridge link is if you had WAN speeds surpassing the max link of the bridge