What's new

spdmerlin - error running test

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sleeps1007

Regular Contributor
Hi, I started noticing my spdmerlin hasn't been running automatically so I tried to run it manually to see if it works and it tells me "error running speedtest". I uninstalled and reinstalled spdmerlin but still telling me there's an error running speedtest.

What router? What firmware? When was the last time it was known to work? What have you done to the network/router configuration since then? :)

It's the RT-5300 running 386.1.2. The last time it worked was yesterday for my last report was Feb 23. The only change I made was the DNS server which i changed from opendns to neustar because opendns started blocking certain websites :mad:. Below is the error I get when running from putty.

Capture.PNG

It's the RT-5300 running 386.1.2. The last time it worked was yesterday for my last report was Feb 23. The only change I made was the DNS server which i changed from opendns to neustar because opendns started blocking certain websites :mad:. Below is the error I get when running from putty.

View attachment 31191
something is blocking your router from contacting Ookla's servers

I wouldn't know what that could be. I can run the speedtest from their website and the asus speedtest from QoS works as well

So my VPN was blocking it which I found strange because it worked first time I installed it with VPN active but now it's acting weird I see the test running in the syslog but nothing is generated on the graphs.

I tried looking for any settings in the VPN that will allow the connections like allow NAT firewall but didn't work. I can't seem to figure out how to allow it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!