spdmerlin - error running test

  • ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

sleeps1007

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I started noticing my spdmerlin hasn't been running automatically so I tried to run it manually to see if it works and it tells me "error running speedtest". I uninstalled and reinstalled spdmerlin but still telling me there's an error running speedtest.
 

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
What router? What firmware? When was the last time it was known to work? What have you done to the network/router configuration since then? :)
 

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
try running at the command line and share the full output of any error(s)
 

sleeps1007

Occasional Visitor
It's the RT-5300 running 386.1.2. The last time it worked was yesterday for my last report was Feb 23. The only change I made was the DNS server which i changed from opendns to neustar because opendns started blocking certain websites :mad:. Below is the error I get when running from putty.

Capture.PNG
 

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
It's the RT-5300 running 386.1.2. The last time it worked was yesterday for my last report was Feb 23. The only change I made was the DNS server which i changed from opendns to neustar because opendns started blocking certain websites :mad:. Below is the error I get when running from putty.

View attachment 31191
something is blocking your router from contacting Ookla's servers
 

sleeps1007

Occasional Visitor
I wouldn't know what that could be. I can run the speedtest from their website and the asus speedtest from QoS works as well
 

sleeps1007

Occasional Visitor
So my VPN was blocking it which I found strange because it worked first time I installed it with VPN active but now it's acting weird I see the test running in the syslog but nothing is generated on the graphs.

I tried looking for any settings in the VPN that will allow the connections like allow NAT firewall but didn't work. I can't seem to figure out how to allow it.
 
Last edited:

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top