What's new

Stealth mode is always on?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BlezZ

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have experienced the issue that the stealth mode seems to be always on.

Settings under "other settings" are set to disable.

I have to enabled and then disable stealth mode to get LED' back to normal.
But after a couple of hours the LED's always go black again.
I have experienced this issue since with previous builds too so it is not related to latest firmware.

Any ideas how to fix this?

ASUS RT-AC88U with 384.10

I have the same issue on my RT-AC88U. For me it started after I updated Skynet to a version which require USB stick. So it might be the USB, haven't tested though...

I have the same issue on my RT-AC88U. For me it started after I updated Skynet to a version which require USB stick. So it might be the USB, haven't tested though...
That's highly unlikely.

What's the output of this:
Code:
nvram get led_disable
1 is LED disabled, 0 is enabled

That's highly unlikely.

What's the output of this:
Code:
nvram get led_disable
1 is LED disabled, 0 is enabled

It's 0 and the leds are off.

After switching stealth mode to yes in GUI the result is 1 and leds still off. Then switch to stealth mode no, led_disalbe is 0 and leds are on. But as the OP said, they will turn off after awhile and led_disable is still 0.

Does the RT-AC88U have a physical button to turn off the LED's? ;)

Nope, there's wps led on/off and wi-fi on/off front right. Not for every led.

I have one right in front of me... Left button is LED, right is Wifi, and the WPS is at the back.

There's no such thing as a "WPS LED" button. The button controls all LEDs.

I wanted jooo to conclusively proof him/herself wrong. It's far more effective that way!

Yes, the best way to grow is by making mistakes publicly and moving on with your head held high! :)

I wanted jooo to conclusively proof him/herself wrong. It's far more effective that way!
True, that is a LED button. In the manual it says: "WPS LED On/Off button" - Press this button to turn on/off WPS LED on the panel. And when I tested it yesterday it didn't turn off all the leds when I pressed it. Now it does so I did something wrong yesterday.

But the bottom line is that I have never before pressed that button but the lights have gone off.

True, that is a LED button. In the manual it says: "WPS LED On/Off button" - Press this button to turn on/off WPS LED on the panel. And when I tested it yesterday it didn't turn off all the leds when I pressed it. Now it does so I did something wrong yesterday.

But the bottom line is that I have never before pressed that button but the lights have gone off.

Maybe, the correct response is you never pressed that button knowingly? :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!