What's new

StopHammer Script on N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BenjaminC

New Around Here
Hello,

I have a question about the scripts I can run using asuswrt-merlin. I have an old Asus WL500gP V2 router with dd-wrt, but I just got an Asus N66U that'd I like to flash with asuswrt-merlin. However, I am a bit concerned about not having access to my favortite Optware script, Stophammer (or something like it). I customized the Stophammer script heavily and it has been working great on my old router for years. My question is, will that same script run under asuswrt-merlin as a custom script if i just copy it over? If not, would it run after I install Entware-ng?

Also, I see that Entware-ng has a lot of scripts and packages, but nothing like Stophammer. Why is that? I thought Entware-ng was supposed to be the new and improved Optware? Am I missing something? Is there a better solution for protecting my N66U? I read about SkyNet, but I don't believe it will run on the N66U since it doesn't have an ARM chip.

Thanks!
Ben