What's new

Strange Ethernet Cable Connectors

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Network Freak 2009

Occasional Visitor
This Is an Ethernet Cable Cat 5 I want to make my own Cat 6 Cable though and I need to know where I can purchase a metal Ethernet connector like the one in the photo

Below Is The Photo

Thanks For Your Replys

I want to make my own Cat 6 Cable
Are you talking about making your own PATCH cables? As in, crimping RJ45's on the ends of bulk cat6 cable? DIY patch cables are not a terrible idea, but terminating bulk runs at patch panels & keystones is usually a more durable, more expandable, easier and less expensive cabling solution. Making cat5 patch cables is easy. Cat6 is more difficult to do well.

Have you checked prices on the required tools for making patch cables? Those RJ45 crimp dies are pretty expensive. You can get a 24-port cat6 patch panel for half the price of a good crimp die. Keystones are a few dollars each. And the only tool needed is a 110 punchdown tool, which is included with the patch panel. Very easy.

Premade cat6 patch cables are insanely cheap.

On the other hand, you may have some special application in mind and everything I wrote is irrelevant!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!