What's new

Stubby-Installer-Asuswrt-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just tested recent dnscrypt-proxy v18 that states to support tls1.3
I did a simple dig test on one of my country local site domain with cloudflare.
On dot (stubby), the ping is 48-70 ms,
on doh (dnscrypt-proxy), the ping is 10-15ms.

I tried a few round without cache by restarting dnsmasq and the result is consistent. So not sure if dnscrypt-proxy v17 was the same. Anyone tested it? Is tls 1.3 working the magic?

Interesting data point..

Was trying to look up some explanation in the last 15 minutes or so. Came across this PAPER. Only have time to go through the abstract.

When properly done DoT/DoH (not referred with the exact term in the paper), they should be 9-22% slower (including resolving time).

Interestingly, "security researhers" would tell people to believe in a bunch of benefits. Sorry being a bit sarcastic. The one benefit listed in the abstract that stands out for end-users is again eavesdropping..to me that's the last mile. lol

Hello all! Note to @Xentrk
I have found a fix to the problem with pool.ntp.org not being resolved before stubby starts. You can use a IP from the NTP page or put this in your dnsmasq.conf.add file:
Code:
server=/pool.ntp.org/1.1.1.1
If you use the setting above remember to change your time value on the administration page back to pool.ntp.org as it was by default. Tested several reboots and works like a charm. ;):)

Hello all! Note to @Xentrk
I have found a fix to the problem with pool.ntp.org not being resolved before stubby starts. You can use a IP from the NTP page or put this in your dnsmasq.conf.add file:
Code:
server=/pool.ntp.org/1.1.1.1
If you use the setting above remember to change your time value on the administration page back to pool.ntp.org as it was by default. Tested several reboots and works like a charm. ;):)
This works! F.Y.I. you can use the IP address of the DNS server of your choice. I used 9.9.9.9 in my config.add.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Just installed this in my AC86U and everything came to a screeching halt. My VPN and internet will not work and the NTP server will not synchronize my time zone. Until I figure everything out and do some more reading about stubby, could anybody provide me with the uninstall command for Stubby via SSH?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just installed this in my AC86U and everything came to a screeching halt. My VPN and internet will not work and the NTP server will not synchronize my time zone. Until I figure everything out and do some more reading about stubby, could anybody provide me with the uninstall command for Stubby via SSH?

Thank you!

If you had read the first post you would have seen the notation to it not working on the AC86U.:rolleyes::rolleyes: The command to uninstall is:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/stubby install
It will give you option to uninstall.

Thank you!

There is a patched getdns that should work on the AC86U. See prior posts. There is also a fix for the time server or you can use a time server IP address.

If you had read the first post you would have seen the notation to it not working on the AC86U.:rolleyes::rolleyes: The command to uninstall is:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/stubby install
It will give you option to uninstall.

Thank you @skeal! But most recent posts stated that it is now working with AC86U...

...and the command is not working

Used this instead:

/opt/etc/init.d/S61stubby kill

Will see if this does the trick [emoji849]

There is a patched getdns that should work on the AC86U. See prior posts. There is also a fix for the time server or you can use a time server IP address.

I tried entering the server info in the NTP field, rebooted but that didn’t work either. Something tells me that this may be due to my VPN settings. I read somewhere that I may have to change the “Accept DNS config” to Disable bit then I am thinking wouldn’t this interfere with Diversion which requires this setting to be “Strict”?

I do not use diversion or VPN. Run the same string to install or remove stubby.

Which string are you referring to?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!