What's new

Suricata suricata_manager script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ugandy

Very Senior Member
Hi,
what's the difference between the two suricata_manager scripts on github? (ttgapers vs juched78)

thx

Untitled.jpg
@juched any chance the "date" column width can be adjusted? thx

Does the usage still require .yml editing, etc, and any possibility of inclusion to amtm?

It should automatically set the base settings in the yaml for you. No inclusion in amtm... it doesnt' follow the standards with a menu. Not sure it is worth the effort based on minimal usage.

@juched if it was in amtm, many, many more would be tempted to use it! (Me!).

Suricata in the Entware repository is uncertain. Use only in IDS mode and with few compatible rules.

Hi folks!

@rgnldo and @juched and all testers etc. congrats on this! I just got around to removing the old "manual" method and ran through the installer! Great work and apologies for the absence.

@juched - I have no issue removing my repo or repointing all to yours if it helps sort out the confusion. Whichever is best. Happy there is an installer and GUI front end for an awesome mod that doesn' t require any TrendMicro stuff!!!

Hi folks!

@rgnldo and @juched and all testers etc. congrats on this! I just got around to removing the old "manual" method and ran through the installer! Great work and apologies for the absence.

@juched - I have no issue removing my repo or repointing all to yours if it helps sort out the confusion. Whichever is best. Happy there is an installer and GUI front end for an awesome mod that doesn' t require any TrendMicro stuff!!!

It only it had alerting too! Just don't have time right now to extend it for that.

I am not aware of any confusion. I am open to whatever you like.

Seems to be working getting a lot of these

ET DOS Possible NTP DDoS Inbound Frequent Un-Authed MON_LIST Requests IMPL 0x02

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!