What's new

Solved swap corrupted? AX86u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If you have a spare USB stick lying around I would use that formatted to ext4 with journaling through amtm for your swap. If that works fine then come back to your sea gate and work out why you can write to the swap file.
Do you have the disk check script in amtm enabled? dc. Have you rebooted router and still getting "Write-error on swap-device (8:0:5152984)" on all 3 drives that have a swap file configured with amtm? Is octal on myswap.swp "0666". Check with WinSCP or similar

Last edited:
its a segate onetouch 1tb ssd formatted ext4 I just bought it so it should be working fine. did an fsck and everything came back fine
yeah it's supposed to be 4 but when my router freezes and the swap gets corrupted it increases to 4 for some reason and then I have to delete it from another computer to create a new one
The router appears to be trying to write beyond the end of the physical disk which suggests that it has been formatted incorrectly. EDIT: My mistake, I misread your post.:oops: As @joe scian suggested use the router's amtm function to partition and format the drive (assuming the drive is less than 2TB). Do not use a PC utility to partition or format the drive.

Last edited:
The router appears to be trying to write beyond the end of the physical disk which suggests that it has been formatted incorrectly. As @joe scian suggested use the router's amtm function to partition and format the drive (assuming the drive is less than 2TB). Do not use a PC utility to partition or format the drive.
I did use amtm to format it initially and I did so again to check and I also have the disk check script.

I think I fixed the Write-error on swap-device though as I'm not getting that anymore, it seems it was somehow duplicating my swap which is why it was increasing from 2gb to 4gb. I found this out because I used amtm to remove my swap and free still reported a 2gb swap even though atmt removed it (also checked my files couldn't find the swap file) but eventually maybe with the reformat I got it to detect 0 swap and then just used amtm to create a new single swap file. everything looks ok now not get any system freezes, but not sure

Yup Everything is good now

Last edited: