What's new

Swapped disks and now can't access UI

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

craig.sdunn

New Around Here
Hi all
I could use some advice, I have a TS-231 which has 2 1TB disks in a RAID 1 array. I'm over 80% used capacity so thought a disk update is needed, I got a couple of 4tb WD Reds and today set about swapping the first disk. I made sure to follow the process. Going to storage manager and selecting change disk on the first disk.

As soon as I pulled the disk the UI reported connection loss to the NAS. I carried on and replaced the disk and reinserted. Now I can't access the UI to check on progress. So I really don't know what to do loathed to power off and back on as that will probably REALLY screw it up, but no idea what it's actually doing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Late to the party and you probably have aleady solved this by now, but if the web ui was gone, but the drive lights were on and the unit was doing 'something', I would just leave it powered for a few days until the lights stop and then reboot. By that time, it should be done with replication (or whatever it was doing), and you should be able to get back in the web ui again.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!