What's new

Switched from 1gb spectrum to 2gb Alta. Wi Fi not above 800mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yaffa

New Around Here
Hello,

I switch from spectrum 1gb cable internet to Alta 2gb fiber. I was getting about 700mbps on wifi while with spectrum. with spectrum I would run a speed test on the router and get 1029mbps. I do a speed test from the router and get 1800 to 2000 mbps on alta.

When I run a speed test on my iphone with alta I get 640 and under.

Ping is half what spectrum was. 50 at spectrum and 20 to 26 with alta.

I have:

GT-AXE16000 as my main router - in basement

GT-axe11000 as a mesh wired - for camera's behind my house - in living room

RT-AX58U as a mesh wired - for camera's in front of my house - in front room ( going to remove this and move the GT-AXE11000 to this room) I don't think I need this one in place any more. But If I do not have this in place the front camera's do not get signal.

The house is 3000 sq ft

I have turned off and back on QOS - on and off same speed

I have run the speed test for the QOS multiple times.

Turn off AI protection same speeds

should I factory reset? is there a setting I'm not seeing? why is my wifi so slow? am I expecting to much? I was hoping my wifi could handle over 1gb.

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Iphone speed test.jpeg
    Iphone speed test.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 19
Use anything else but a mobile device to test WiFi speeds with (preferably, when it is plugged into AC power and on Max performance mode).

I have ipad pros? would that work? My wife has a laptop but I'm not sure how good the laptop is. It was cheapish at microcenter. I don't have access to the laptop right now

everything else is wired in the house except for 1 samsung tablet, 4 Ipad pros, 6 phones and the house camera's

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!