What's new

Switching off Asus XT8 WiFi Access point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fredster

New Around Here
Hi all,

I am running 3 Asus XT8 in Accesspoint mode (AIMESH with a dedicated ethernet backhaul) connected to an OPNsense hardware firewall.

One of the accesspoints is used very little, so I would like to switch it off, and only switch it on if needed. My question is:

Is it ok to switch off the 3rd Access Point for prolonged periods of time (ie: 1 month+) or would this disrupt the AIMESH in some way (For instance, considering it 'orphaned' and reject 'remeshing' when it is turned back on)?

Thanks for any help and advice in advance!

Hi all,

I am running 3 Asus XT8 in Accesspoint mode (AIMESH with a dedicated ethernet backhaul) connected to an OPNsense hardware firewall.

One of the accesspoints is used very little, so I would like to switch it off, and only switch it on if needed. My question is:

Is it ok to switch off the 3rd Access Point for prolonged periods of time (ie: 1 month+) or would this disrupt the AIMESH in some way (For instance, considering it 'orphaned' and reject 'remeshing' when it is turned back on)?

Thanks for any help and advice in advance!

I believe you should be able to turn nodes ON and OFF at will without issue. I would keep them ON during any admin, in case they will be affected... i.e., admin the whole network.

OE

Last edited: