What's new

Test builds with OpenVPN available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok,show me:

751 ppp10 192.168.10.2 94.161.24.75 admin

:)

Then I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Browser-related issue perhaps? Where you sure your PPTP connection was connected when you checked the Status page?

By any chance, can I use a VPN service such as Hide My butt or StrongVPN with this new build?

I'd like to be able to have my rt-n66u do all the tunneling so all my devices that connect to the router and take advantage of openVPN.

Is this possible at all?

By any chance, can I use a VPN service such as Hide My butt or StrongVPN with this new build?

I'd like to be able to have my rt-n66u do all the tunneling so all my devices that connect to the router and take advantage of openVPN.

Is this possible at all?

Should be if you select "Redirect Internet Traffic", and they provide you with the certs to use your own client. Wasn't tested however.

Should be if you select "Redirect Internet Traffic", and they provide you with the certs to use your own client. Wasn't tested however.

Thanks for replying!

Well given this is a beta test build, perhaps this is something I should test!

I'll try and report back.

customconfig.jpg

Tried this beta OpenVPN build but couldn't get the custom config values that I'm using under Shibby's tomato to take in the beta build.

Every time I tried to enter the above config values under the beta build, my RT-N66U wouldn't take them. Same with selecting to start OpenVPN with WAN option...it wouldn't stay set on. Anyone else having these issues?

[
Tried this beta OpenVPN build but couldn't get the custom config values that I'm using under Shibby's tomato to take in the beta build.

Every time I tried to enter the above config values under the beta build, my RT-N66U wouldn't take them. Same with selecting to start OpenVPN with WAN option...it wouldn't stay set on. Anyone else having these issues?

I have no problem with either changing the Start with WAN option or entering custom options here. Make sure you do click on the Apply button before clicking on the On/Off toggle. As written next to it, clicking on that toggle will cause you to lose any unsaved changes.

Note that some of those settings aren't needed. comp-lzo for instance is already controllable through the Compression dropdown.

Last edited:
Maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong on how I am approaching this:

default.jpg

After flashing from Shibby's tomato build to your RT-N66U_3.0.0.3_178.16.trx beta build, I click restore default NVRAM values under mini web server after doing a hard reset....

factory-default.jpg

I then follow up by performing a factory default...

Proceeding.jpg

Under OpenVPN Server Settings, if I try to now slide the Service State to on, I get the Proceeding... popup for a short time but then it defaults back to OFF and I can never set it ON...

Also, If I try to set "Start with WAN" to Yes, and hit apply, I just get Proceeding... popup and it never advances...if I go back to the OpenVPN Server Settings page, the "Start with WAN" setting is still OFF and I can never turn on!?

Under OpenVPN Server Settings, if I try to now slide the Service State to on, I get the Proceeding... popup for a short time but then it defaults back to OFF and I can never set it ON...

Also, If I try to set "Start with WAN" to Yes, and hit apply, I just get Proceeding... popup and it never advances...if I go back to the OpenVPN Server Settings page, the "Start with WAN" setting is still OFF and I can never turn on!?

Before being able to turn the server on, you have to configure it - assign certificates, etc...

Before being able to turn the server on, you have to configure it - assign certificates, etc...

Doh...figures...:(

I always leave that stuff to enter last under tomato and OpenVPN server works just fine...thanks for your firmware!:D

Hi Merlin, I have a client config.
When I connect me to the server I get pushed a DNS server.
This is not entered in my dns Config and so I can not use this.
Can it be that it is due to a missing setting?

script-security 2

Hi Merlin, I have a client config.
When I connect me to the server I get pushed a DNS server.
This is not entered in my dns Config and so I can not use this.
Can it be that it is due to a missing setting?

script-security 2

No clue. Add that option in the custom settings field, you'll see.

Quick question I uploaded your firmware and changed the ash port to 80 witch
Now I can't access the web GUI to change it. So I restored it to the original firmware the website works the I put yours back on and it won't all me to access
The webgui:/ any idea how to fix it? And sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Quick question I uploaded your firmware and changed the ash port to 80 witch
Now I can't access the web GUI to change it. So I restored it to the original firmware the website works the I put yours back on and it won't all me to access
The webgui:/ any idea how to fix it? And sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Telnet in, then run:

nvram set lan_port=80
nvram set sshd_port=22
nvram commit
reboot

Hello Merlin i have test it but it dont help.

Sep 5 08:04:42 openvpn[1636]: PUSH: Received control message: 'PUSH_REPLY,dhcp-option DNS 178.39.51.1,dhcp-option WINS 178.39.51.1,route 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0,ping 10,ping-restart 120,route 178.39.0.0 255.255.0.0,route 10.10.0.0 255.255.0.0,route 10.11.0.0 255.255.0.0,route 10.12.0.0 255.255.0.0,route 10.14.0.0 255.255.0.0,ifconfig 10.1.1.6 10.1.1.5'
Sep 5 08:04:42 openvpn[1636]: OPTIONS IMPORT: timers and/or timeouts modified
Sep 5 08:04:42 openvpn[1636]: OPTIONS IMPORT: --ifconfig/up options modified
Sep 5 08:04:42 openvpn[1636]: OPTIONS IMPORT: route options modified
Sep 5 08:04:42 openvpn[1636]: OPTIONS IMPORT: --ip-win32 and/or --dhcp-option options modified
Sep 5 08:04:42 openvpn[1636]: TUN/TAP device tun11 opened

On Windows CMD i test nslookup ts1.test.local
C:\Users\Sven>nslookup ts1.test.local
Server: www.asusnetwork.net
Address: 192.168.1.1

*** ts1.test.local wurde von www.asusnetwork.net nicht gefunden: Non-existent domain.

I set the DNS server manual
C:\Users\Sven>nslookup ts1.test.local 178.39.51.1
Server: dc.test.local
Address: 178.39.51.1

Name: ts1.test.local
Address: 178.39.51.3

2. The Option "Accept DNS Configuration" can´t set with the gui.

3. After Restart my Router the Openvpn service don´t start.
The Start with WAN Option is set to YES

Will the driver be updated in next ASUSWRT-MERLIN fw? I noticed that the driver in official FW 188 for AC66U have been updated.

6.30 RC39.31
wl0: Aug 29 2012 12:34:30 version 6.30.39.31 (r341183)

I did it and no luck.

That screenshot is wrong. You tried to telnet to the ssh port, so in effect you never even logged onto the router to run those commands, you sent those commands at the ssh login prompt... If you disabled telnet, then you must login using ssh.

Last edited: