What's new

Thanks for the forum software update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sticky post styling is really nice

I could see using a feint blue or blue/gray background to better match the overall color scheme. The current color beige/yellow highlights the sticky posts well enough but its not very pleasing color-wise... here.

OE

I missed it, but don't understand the problem.
Please send a link to your post that shows the problem.
Thanks Tim. My post is here and OzardEdge confirmed it here.

The problem is when I include in my post a URL that points to another post. The URL link works fine, but in my post there is a "preview image" of the target URL. It is this preview that is wrong, it shows an image of a different URL. Additionally this preview shows your avatar instead of the one associated with the target URL.

I think I understand a bit more what is happening. Here is a link to post #30 in the flexqos thread. Instead of the preview below showing post #30 it is showing a preview of the post that is at the top of that page (post #21).

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/be...ent-script-for-adaptive-qos.64882/post-596796

The problem appears to be with Xenforo's new way of handling links. This post may help explain.

In your post above, I toggled the editor to BBcode and removed unfurl="true" from the BB code.

Automatic "unfurling" is a setting that can be changed so that pasted links will be pasted the old way. Or you can just do the edit I did.

Last edited:
The problem appears to be with Xenforo's new way of handling links. This post may help explain.

In your post above, I toggled the editor to BBcode and removed unfurl="true" from the BB code.

Automatic "unfurling" is a setting that can be changed so that pasted links will be pasted the old way. Or you can just do the edit I did.
Thanks Tim, that makes sense now. I guess it was never an issue before because the links I posted were never unfurled.

My confusion probably comes from the fact that I was linking to a forum post and the content at the top of the page being unfurled also happens to be a forum post. That made me think it was pointing to the wrong place. If I had been linking to a different type of page layout it would have been more obvious what it was doing.

Anyone else think these fonts are still too big?

View attachment 24807
Nope, not at all. I dig the look - it seems to "pop" better by my eye.

Speaking of my eyes: any progress on a dark mode here on the website? If that's not achievable, I'll add my vote for restoring Tapatalk functionality

I could see using a feint blue or blue/gray background to better match the overall color scheme. The current color beige/yellow highlights the sticky posts well enough but its not very pleasing color-wise... here.

OE

I just tried to see how it looked like:

1595609895904.png

I used #F0F8FF. I don't think it's really better, as it's a fairly cold color, while the rest of the forum list (and the current highlight) uses a warmer background color. It creates too much contrast IMHO.

I think Tim already toned the highlight color down a bit, it's currently looking better.

I noticed off to the left, information about the poster is no longer showing (like number of posts, location).

I noticed off to the left, information about the poster is no longer showing (like number of posts, location).

Hover over the avatar.

Check your privacy and account details settings. Both are available under "Account details" (tap/hover over your avatar).

I posted in the suggestions forums but then found this so I’ll add all thoughts here...
Ideally re enable Tapatalk, but if you insist on not then please resolve;
Add Push notifications
Add Dark Mode support (should be 3 shades of grey only - current theme is not only too light but too busy)
Fix Autocorrect/Autocapitalise/Autocomplete
Reduce the size of the username banner on each post - it’s way too tall (borders in general could all be reduced, around quoted text etc for example)
Add/Fix Individual notifications read/unread - right now you click the bell and it clears them all, I want them to remain highlighted in that menu until I’ve clicked/visited each of them

None of the above can fix my wish to have all forums in 1 app and not cluttering up my browser tabs though.

Better access to paging - Tapatalk had floating page controls and reply button so available wherever you are scrolled on the page.
Just found browsing around takes much long.
At least add page controls to the top of the page - that way you can skip to the top of the page by tapping the browser status bar. Having them at the bottom means there is no way to shortcut to them.

I note in the settings pages there is a floating save button/bar pinned to the bottom - this on all pages would be perfect with pages/shortcut to reply

NB I cannot tell you how long it takes to type this with the broken autocorrect thing!!

I posted in the suggestions forums but then found this so I’ll add all thoughts here...
Ideally re enable Tapatalk, but if you insist on not then please resolve;
Add Push notifications
I'll look into it, but it's unlikely.
Add Dark Mode support (should be 3 shades of grey only - current theme is not only too light but too busy)
Coming soon.
Fix Autocorrect/Autocapitalise/Autocomplete
To my knowledge, this is not a Xenforo feature.
Reduce the size of the username banner on each post - it’s way too tall (borders in general could all be reduced, around quoted text etc for example)
These things will change with a new template. I'm not going to put a lot of effort into tweaking things like this.

Add/Fix Individual notifications read/unread - right now you click the bell and it clears them all, I want them to remain highlighted in that menu until I’ve clicked/visited each of them
Unlikely.

And auto correct etc is still messed up for me!

Auto-correction is a browser/keyboard feature, not a forum feature. Check your settings there. If it doesn't happen with Tim's iPhone, then there must be something different in your settings.

Auto-correction is a browser/keyboard feature, not a forum feature. Check your settings there. If it doesn't happen with Tim's iPhone, then there must be something different in your settings.
Only does it on this website. All other apps/sites it’s working fine. I’m assuming there is some JavaScript telling the browser to change the way autocorrect behaves.

I tried doing a post with my iPhone and had no problem with either auto-cap or auto-correct.
Typing stuff here. And still typing more stuff with lots of deliberate mistakes and it seems to be working correctly. Blah, blah, blah. Words and stuff. This is on my Samsung phone with their browser.

So it's all working as far as I can see.:)

Easiest way to reproduce it is to put a new line.
then you get no capitalisation <see start of this line

Also if you write the first part of a word, like “big” then space, then backspace, it doesn’t recommend “biggest” as it would normally.

Great update! Looks fresh, I really like it, but for mobile TapaTalk support was really useful because I can handle all my forums there, plus replies and notification. Please give back support to it.

How are we going to be notified if private messages, new posts or new threads? Please don't tell me by e-mail... don't want my mailbox overloaded with e-mails

Update: On PC looks good although I prefer it in black... but on mobile.... no.... I do really like the lack of features but comfortable with push notifications of TapaTalk... all forums in just one place, simple...

Hope SNB reconsider getting back TapaTalk support

Last edited:
Reactions: JDB
Status
Not open for further replies.