What's new

Thanks for the forum software update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Push notifications seem to be a feature added in Xenforo 2.1:

Maybe something that needs to be enabled on @thiggins's side?

This doesn't work on iOS however. Maybe in a few years they will catch on, like they recently did with homepage widgets <cough>.

Reactions: KW.
@RMerlin I have to recompile PHP to add a missing extension. I'll put it on the to-do list.

I'm not sure how useful this will be to the folks who are complaining, since it doesn't work on iOS devices.

Reactions: KW.
Personally I'm not interested in push notifications, but maybe people that are can use Pushover?

Personally I'm not interested in push notifications, but maybe people that are can use Pushover?
It's a paid app and requires server-side report. There is no add-on for Xenforo 2.X

@RMerlin I have to recompile PHP to add a missing extension. I'll put it on the to-do list.

I'm not sure how useful this will be to the folks who are complaining, since it doesn't work on iOS devices.

I use Android, I've discarded all my iOS devices long time ago. If push notifications works on Android, please give a try

It's a paid app and requires server-side report. There is no add-on for Xenforo 2.X
I meant: those users could use the email address they get from Pushover to let that service convert emails (they get from this forum) to push notifications.

Yes, they would have to purchase the App, but it’s a one-time purchase which is rather affordable.

You would not have to do a single thing?

I meant: those users could use the email address they get from Pushover to let that service convert emails (they get from this forum) to push notifications.

Yes, they would have to purchase the App, but it’s a one-time purchase which is rather affordable.

You would not have to do a single thing?
Paying for just one forum notifications... sorry but no...

Everyone who wants to complain about my decision to no longer support Tapatalk on SNBForums is welcome to post here. Anything else on that topic posted in this thread will be deleted, not moved.

The only thing I can't get used to is when a link is attached to a post:

Visually the first thing in mind is @thiggins shared something with us. :)

Good fresh looks, faster loading time, easy to read. Nothing to complain about. Thank you!

I just noticed the emoticon granularity on a post Like (thumbs up) selection. I'm not sure posts need more such emotions, and if they do, perhaps thumbs down ought to be it... and we already know why it isn't.

OE

Oh full width now with new fluid theme, I like this. And I also switched to dark.

Yes, yes, yes!

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Thanks team. This means I can read in the dark much more comfortably and its much better for my Windows tablet with its OLED display.

Really digging dark mode, thank you!

Great update! ....paging control is also top now:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.