What's new

The Uptime Contest

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like seeing huge uptimes, since the VPNFilter malware hit the streets I've been glad to run the Reboot Scheduler; weekly, Monday 00:01.

Same, no fair! Auto reboot 4 am Sat am.

uptime 27 days.png

My record for Merlin 384.19_0:
27 days (and counting)​
Current uptime on my DO/Droplet:
VPS up.png

Last edited:
i saw this thread and went and checked and I had about 18 days up time. My router locks up every few weeks to months, but it looked fine. Plenty of free memory. Well 20 minutes later it locked up again. Back to 0.

i'm not sure but the last time i updated one of my 3700 tri band was over 8 months ago and have had no complaints of any shutdowns or web not working so 8 months of uptime my 3700's just run forever ., lucky cause they are 50 miles away and i don't like updating remotely , my rt 5300 is going on 48 days since last update . never have problems with my Asus routers running Merlin

I have no proof so you probably won't believe me but...

I had 45 days of uptime after I moved to 384.19 on both my AX58U router and AC3100 node.

That was Sunday. On Monday...back to zero.

1603343994065.png

30 Days and going strong.......

P.S. Got to 28 days previously, but the router mysteriously rebooted around 5am that Saturday morning, so it could have been 58 days uptime, but we shall see how long this lasts, otherwise all good!

68 days and going strong... last reboot was from the last firmware update to .19.

mHICOxw.png

EDIT: Also, having everyone home during the pandemic makes for some added traffic... closing in on 3TB over the last 30 days.

HHfEgCb.png

Last edited:
Customer's RT-AC68U running my firmware. Mostly used by the employees working remotely over OpenVPN these days.

View attachment 27062

Hilarious. So no firmware updates and a UPS on that one? If it ain't broke... let it run.

Heh Heh. 69. Heh. (channeling my inner Beavis and Butt Head)

kr9fHFC.png

Normally my uptime on rt-ac86u is always more than 1 year. I think record was something about 2.5 years. Usually its gets reset when I need to change UPS battery or like recently 2.4ghz band broke on it and had to reboot router/install more recent merlin fw.

p.s. Currently uptime is 6 days. LOL. Thats nothing.

Plus, don't make router upgrades while nobody is working at the office.
Like rebooting a VM remotely that's in a data centre far far away and praying it comes back up...

Like rebooting a VM remotely that's in a data centre far far away and praying it comes back up...

Typically you would have a management interface at the host's hypevisor level to take care of such things - which is one of the big plus of VMs: a crashed VM can be recovered without requiring on-site intervention.

Rebooting the host, now that's more scary. Hopefully you have a real server with a working remote management interface like HP ILO or Dell's LightsOut. :)

Typically you would have a management interface at the host's hypevisor level to take care of such things - which is one of the big plus of VMs: a crashed VM can be recovered without requiring on-site intervention.

Rebooting the host, now that's more scary. Hopefully you have a real server with a working remote management interface like HP ILO or Dell's LightsOut. :)
Heh - yes. But I would not have that access. If it does not come up, it's a service ticket to engage CloudOps and then wait... and wait... and wait.... Enterprise fun.

Heh - yes. But I would not have that access. If it does not come up, it's a service ticket to engage CloudOps and then wait... and wait... and wait.... Enterprise fun.

Gotcha. I thought you ran your own host.

Status
Not open for further replies.