What's new

Time Scheduling

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tzameti35

Occasional Visitor
Is it possible to change the time scheduling to half hourly intervals instead of hour intervals.#, or is there a way i can change this myself.

No, the GUI doesn't support it. You could create you own custom firewall rules with iptables if you are familiar with the Linux command line.

No idea how I would go about this. the question then should be would merlin consider adding this functionality.

go to telnet (your router IP) or ssh (putty if you use windows) to your router IP

Merlin doesn't need to add this functionality, you should use command line interface to get this done

Merlin doesn't need to add this functionality said:
I will respectfully disagree, as this would be a feature very useful for users like me with to young boys that I need to control access to the net for.

go to telnet (your router IP) or ssh (putty if you use windows) to your router IP

Merlin doesn't need to add this functionality, you should use command line interface to get this done
I think you have misunderstood the request. He's not asking for cron scheduling but to have 30 minute slots in the webUI time schedule menus (see Parental control and Guest Wi-Fi)

No idea how I would go about this. the question then should be would merlin consider adding this functionality.
It's been asked before and Merlin has said that it's not practical for him to implement because it would require a significant amount of code changes from the original Asus firmware.

I think you have misunderstood the request. He's not asking for cron scheduling but to have 30 minute slots in the webUI time schedule menus (see Parental control and Guest Wi-Fi)

It's been asked before and Merlin has said that it's not practical for him to implement because it would require a significant amount of code changes from the original Asus firmware.
This was exactly what I was asking to have 30 min time blocks in the Web interface. What. I need to do is time schedule several Mac addresses more acutely. I am not adverse to using tel net would need advice on the process etc. It would be useful to see it for 1 Mac address then I could modify to suit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

If you setup a sample rule in the webUI then you can log onto the router with Telnet/SSH and issue the following command. It will show us how to modify/add other rules. (I can't do this on my router because I use a different firmware).

iptables-save -t filter