What's new

TomatoUSB is looking for someone to test

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I installed Kongs firmware today and been enjoying quite a bit.

But i will test Tomato firmware in few days as well.

Thanks for the link.

I installed Kongs firmware today and been enjoying quite a bit.
But i will test Tomato firmware in few days as well.

Thank you KGB7!

I tried DD-WRT too, They have done a wonderful jobs wiht more hardware supports. However, I like QoS and screens in Tomato more and better throughput too. That's the reason I like tomato more, but both are great and have done a wonderful job. The only disadvantage, tomato has less hardware supports. That's the reason it takes tomato a while to getting into ARM CPU. I am glad you could spend some time to help them to do tests too. thanks!

I would love to see some solid performance numbers comparing Tomato and ASUS-WRT / Merlin's Builds. If I recall, Tomato doesn't have the hardware acceleration, so it would be missing a good chunk of speed.

Thank you KGB7!

I tried DD-WRT too, They have done a wonderful jobs wiht more hardware supports. However, I like QoS and screens in Tomato more and better throughput too. That's the reason I like tomato more, but both are great and have done a wonderful job. The only disadvantage, tomato has less hardware supports. That's the reason it takes tomato a while to getting into ARM CPU. I am glad you could spend some time to help them to do tests too. thanks!

No one is posting links for the firmware over at the forum.

Do you have links to AC68u firmware?

Thanks.

This is great! Is it supposed to say ac68 in the first post? I tried Kong's ddwrt builds too but was having issues and reverted to latest Merlin...I ran tomato on my n66 before I sold it and loved it...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Really glad to see that tomato firmware is now being ported to new ARM-based routers (RT-AC68U and R7000). I inquired about this a couple of months ago, and can't wait to try tomato on R7000 *smile*.

Last edited:
I would love to see some solid performance numbers comparing Tomato and ASUS-WRT / Merlin's Builds. If I recall, Tomato doesn't have the hardware acceleration, so it would be missing a good chunk of speed.

a few features on merlins firmware can cancel HW acceleration though so your point is almost irrelevant because it seems like half people run with HW acceleration off.

im also interested in trying tomato cause i use QOS and my throughput wont go over 95 down. i get 107mbps down when im direct to modem...

Really glad to see that tomato firmware is now being ported to new ARM-based routers (RT-AC68U and R7000). I inquired about this a couple of months ago, and can't wait to try tomato on R7000 *smile*.

Turns out that the R7000 port of the tomato firmware isn't ready quite yet, unfortunately. Shouldn't be too long, though...Vic doesn't have an R7000 yet, but is looking towards getting one. He's been testing on an Asus RT-AC56U, so that would seem to be the ideal platform to test his current ARM port.

Sounds great :) Looking forward to run TomatoRAF on my AC68U - before the AC68U I had TomatoRAF running on my old Linksys E3000.

Sounds great :) Looking forward to run TomatoRAF on my AC68U - before the AC68U I had TomatoRAF running on my old Linksys E3000.

you can still email him and ask him for the link. However, Victek only has ac56u so he is not sure if the wireless works with AC68U or not. Perhaps, this is a good time to help him to test out since he has not hardware. Other than wireless part, everything else should work.

Shibby is working on AC68U firmware, so its a wait game at this time. And wifi is not working at this time on AC68U.

well. tomato shibby works pretty damn good on rt-ac66u. with tomato RAF i couldnt get the 5GHz radio to pop up. even with an NV ram clear and reboot. tried like 5 times.