What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 Beta 2 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi..

For the special ISP requirement such as Unifi that requires VLAN 500 tagging at WAN port
and VLAN 600 tagging at LAN port 4.

Is there anyway to reclaim back LAN port 4?

been messing about with QOS.

Bandwidth limiter seems to get better results when i do it per device.
Also seems lower ping with sfq but very slightly higher bufferbloat (still resulting in an A)
Codel and fq_codel still get A but idle ping is a good 50% higher.

also noticed my ac device is getting variable download figures....under the cap.
upload is bang on.

Merlin - FWIW on my nightly reboot seems /scripts/services.start didn't run.

Permissions are fine, runs interactively fine. Anything about the beta that could have disabled scripts, or should I look to my config?

Permissions are fine, runs interactively fine. Anything about the beta that could have disabled scripts, or should I look to my config?

No reason for it to have stopped working, make sure you did enable custom script support, and try running it manually through SSH.

I've always seen services-start with a hyphen, not a period as you have there. Perhaps that makes a difference?

Alas, found one bug with the 380.59 Beta 2 (not tested with beta 1)....
WAN > Special Requirement from ISP > Manual clientid (Option 61) entry (essential for Sky Fibre broadband in UK) doesn't appear to survive a reboot or hard power cycle.
(380.59 beta 2 was installed directly over 380.58 without a factory reset. Rolling back to 380.58 - Manual clientid (Option 61) entry is not lost on reboot/power cycle).

I've always seen services-start with a hyphen, not a period as you have there. Perhaps that makes a difference?

Of course it does.

DOH.

Thanks man. In a recent edit I did some renaming hijinks (ex-IBM RPG / AS/400 programmer habits die hard...) and must have decided I'd invent a new naming convention. Dope.

I am providing status on my configuration with the 380.59 code. I am not reporting a problem.

I just obtained an ASUS RT-AC66 and RT-AC87. I installed Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 Beta 2 on the AC87.
I have a VOIP telephone adapter (Grandstream HT-502) on one of the LAN ports of the AC87. After
reading the change log file for 380.59 Beta 2, I decided to test if the VOIP telephone adapter worked
with a VPN client activated in the router. I want to report that the VOIP telephone adapter works just
fine. I am using the firmware defaults on the WAN -> NAT Passthrough panel.

I should point out that when I installed the VOIP telephone adapter on the AC66 running Asuswrt-Merlin
380.58, the VOIP telephone adapter did not function when the VPN client is enabled in the A66. I did not
have an opportunity to try the A66 with 380.59 Beta 2 firmware with the VOIP telephone adapter and the
VPN client enabled. This would have been a useful data point.

Summary:

* AC66 + Asuswrt Merlin 380.58 … VOIP adapter functional
* AC66 + Asuswrt Merlin 380.58 + VPN Client … VOIP adapter not functional
* AC87 + Asuswrt Merlin 380.59 Beta 1 + VPN Client ….. VOIP adapter not functional
* AC87 + Asuswrt Merlin 380.59 Beta 2 + VPN Client ….. VOIP adapter functional

I can confirm the option 61 issue too, I need to re-enter it after a reboot to get sky fibre up again.

Alas, found one bug with the 380.59 Beta 2 (not tested with beta 1)....
WAN > Special Requirement from ISP > Manual clientid (Option 61) entry (essential for Sky Fibre broadband in UK) doesn't appear to survive a reboot or hard power cycle.
(380.59 beta 2 was installed directly over 380.58 without a factory reset. Rolling back to 380.58 - Manual clientid (Option 61) entry is not lost on reboot/power cycle).

I can't reproduce the problem here. Please try the following:

1) Configure your clientid through the WAN page
2) through SSH, run the following commands, and post back the results (feel free to modify your actual clientid value to avoid sharing it):

Code:
nvram show | grep clientid
nvram show | grep dhcpc_options

3) Reboot your router
4) Re-run the same commands again

AC87U. 14 days router up time on 380.59 beta 1 so far. That's a new record. On all previous stock and Merlin firmware I was lucky to get one week.

Hmm. OK i have fixed that one filename typo but /jffs/scripts still not running for me. I have thrown logger commands in and get nice syslog messages when scripts are run manually but no trace of them running during system startup/shutdown. Have tried init.start, services-start, services-stop, dnsmasq.postconf...

Shebangs in all files.
Perms are all 755 for all files.
All scripts run perfectly on demand from a SSH terminal prompt
No errors in the syslog
Scripts enabled in the GUI, nvram says jffs2_scripts=1, all script files look OK.

I could believe my logger calls might be failing so maybe the scripts were running without syslog evidence, but in fact you can look and see nothing is being done (par ex: ifconfig txqueue calls, postconf edit isn't showing up in dnsmasq.conf, temp files aren't being created/updated etc.)

Suggestions?

Suggestions?
Only to try post-mount and/or wan-start instead. I have moved my custom scripts primarily to those because otherwise they were running too early in the boot process. On top of that move, I have a 'sleep 20' to begin the wan-start script to give things time to settle down. It helped me. That's my only idea.

Only to try post-mount and/or wan-start instead. I have moved my custom scripts primarily to those because otherwise they were running too early in the boot process. On top of that move, I have a 'sleep 20' to begin the wan-start script to give things time to settle down. It helped me. That's my only idea.

Threw some time at this today while sitting on telecons.

Long story short, seems to call them all fine. Must be something wrong w/ my scripts.

Pulled all my scripts temporarily and threw symlinks in for all the default script names pointing to a single script...
Code:
#!/bin/sh
touch /jffs/lastrun/$(basename $0)
exit

Then I changed system date to 1/1/2014 then immediately rebooted so all the touches would sort nicely by date through the shutdown / startup cycle (because of the sys date falling back until ntp runs...)

Everything started except openvpn because I am not using it. Every one is getting called and apparently running fine.

runtimes.jpg

Well.
Finally after 8 days uptime, router act weird.This morning "Client Status" page was Empty :eek:, but all wired and wireless clients still have Lan and WAn acces .They vanished from the page , refresh button dont worked anymore.
On that page http://192.168.1.1/Tools_Sysinfo.asp ,Section "network" at the buttom, all PORTs WAN,LAN1,2,3,4 showed "Quering Switch" o_O
I dont use VPN, Adaptive QoS, Ip traffic, ect..., just a simple vanilla config
NAT enable (CTF +FA).. I know im not supposed to see FA enabled with my A1 rev, but its there!

Syslog-General info was clean, empty

Sorry i dont have any pics because i rebooted to fix this

Reverting to 380.58 for now

All of this seem to point at an invalid hostname breaking the Javascript code. Open the web browser's console and look for any Javascript error while on the Sysinfo page (when it never gets out of "querying" mode).

I can't reproduce the problem here. Please try the following:

1) Configure your clientid through the WAN page
2) through SSH, run the following commands, and post back the results (feel free to modify your actual clientid value to avoid sharing it):

Code:
nvram show | grep clientid
nvram show | grep dhcpc_options

3) Reboot your router
4) Re-run the same commands again

Hi Merlin, here you go...

>> 380.58 > 38.59 beta 2 upgrade, Manual clientid (Option 61) entry in place, internet access ok...

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC87U 380.59-beta2-gda78c52 Sat Apr 30 20:21:49 UTC 2016
admin@RT-AC87U:/tmp/home/root# nvram show | grep clientid
wan_clientid_type=0
wan1_clientid_type=0
wan0_clientid=<mac-address>@skydsl|<password>
wan1_clientid=
wan_clientid=
size: 43875 bytes (21661 left)
wan0_clientid_type=0
admin@RT-AC87U:/tmp/home/root# nvram show | grep dhcpc_options
size: 43875 bytes (21661 left)
wan_dhcpc_options=<mac-address>@skydsl|<password>
wan1_dhcpc_options=
admin@RT-AC87U:/tmp/home/root#

>> Reboot, Manual clientid (Option 61) entry empty, no internet access...

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC87U 380.59-beta2-gda78c52 Sat Apr 30 20:21:49 UTC 2016
admin@RT-AC87U:/tmp/home/root# nvram show | grep clientid
wan_clientid_type=0
wan1_clientid_type=0
wan0_clientid=
wan1_clientid=
size: 43770 bytes (21766 left)
wan_clientid=
wan0_clientid_type=0
admin@RT-AC87U:/tmp/home/root# nvram show | grep dhcpc_options
wan_dhcpc_options=<mac-address>@skydsl|<password>
size: 43746 bytes (21790 left)
wan1_dhcpc_options=
admin@RT-AC87U:/tmp/home/root#

Internet access restored by re-entering Option 61 details and clicking Apply, however only survives until next reboot/power cycle...

Same Option 61 result as above. On my RT-AC3200. With a fresh factory reset.

Haven't had chance to test on either of my N66u's yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!