What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 Beta 2 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I made a change to a client's name in the clients status pane the Internet drops off, the only way to get sky fibre back up is to apply the settings on the WAN page (option 61 was still in the field)

Hi Merlin, here you go...

Thanks, that gives me a concrete test case to try again to reproduce it. I suspect the issue lies in the code I wrote that migrates from the old dhcpc_options into the new wan0_clientid (which is what Asus uses). I didn't see anything wrong when I looked at that code, but I'll re-try again with the exact pre-reboot values you have.

RT-AC87U
1. Iperf test : packet loss 3%
And wifi drop
2 icmp ping test : ping loss 1%

RT-AC66U
1. Iperf test : pack loss 0%
And wifi no drop
2. Icmp ping test : ping loss 1%

I seem to have an issue with my rt-ac87u.
Whenever I enable guest wifi network for 5GHz I seem to lose the ability to choose what channel I'd like for 5GHz.
I can select channel 48/80MHz, but when wifi reinitializes it seems to scan channels and end up on channel 112. Only when I select 20MHz I'm able to keep my selected channel.
When I disable the guest wifi, change the preferred channel again, it seems to stick to the one I want.

Even if I set 5GHz channel to auto without DFS it still chooses a DFS channel...

I've tried with a factory reset. I only changed the wifi settings and the same problem occurs.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
This message often appears in general log and I do not know what it is (what it means).
Never happened before upgrading to 380.59 Beta 2
May 10 22:06:15 dnsmasq[2393]: warning: interface ppp1* does not currently exist

@Merlin, Is 59 going final soon or will you wait till 2697 goes final for Asus ? Not sure how that works..

@Merlin, Is 59 going final soon or will you wait till 2697 goes final for Asus ? Not sure how that works..

It was supposed to be released last weekend, but that last minute report on clientid issues delayed the release.

I'm not waiting on any new release from Asus, as by now it would introduce too many changes, and would require another complete development cycle. 380.59 is staying on 2697.

It was supposed to be released last weekend, but that last minute report on clientid issues delayed the release.

I'm not waiting on any new release from Asus, as by now it would introduce too many changes, and would require another complete development cycle. 380.59 is staying on 2697.

Excellent so i assume the final is coming soon. This firmware works very good on my 3100. :)

Excellent so i assume the final is coming soon. This firmware works very good on my 3100. :)

Yes been running in on both my 5300 and my 68u AP mode, no issues so far!

Final release is now available, please move to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!