What's new

too many events

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TonyK132

In looking at my logs today, I saw this line right after my daily cru job ran to backup the router settings. Today it looked like that task ran to completion but sometimes it does not complete.

Sep 2 00:31:46 RT-AC86U-1BD0 kernel: htb: too many events!

Might this be the reason that sometimes the router backup does not finish? I did a google search on this message, and from what I can tell, Linux is complaining that it has too much work to do based on this queuing method. I found this at one of the search links:

" HTB help you to control the use of the outbound bandwidth on a given link "

But I have no idea what this means. Is this a configuration problem? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

HTB is related to QoS. Unless this message only appears when your backup runs it seems unlikely the two are related. What sort of backup are you running?

nvram-save.sh -b

I run this once a day.

Thanks, might not be related. But like I said, occasionally the backup stops before it finishes, so just looking for reasons.

Since HTB is a QoS thing, I decided to move the running of the backup cron job to when I'm 90% sure noone in the house is doing anything on the network (ie, 3am). I'll watch for more HTB messages, and whether the backup job ever stops mid-stream.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!