What's new

TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND (review request)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tested MSC=5,000 that's 1,000 more than WNDR3700 & TEW673GRU.

Power supply details

What is the voltage rating on the power supply?

Is it internationally rated? i.e. 100-240V?

What is the voltage rating on the power supply?

Is it internationally rated? i.e. 100-240V?

I'll send you a PM with the info you need.

WDS with a router that doesn't support WDS

Product Name: Ultimate Wireless N Gigabit Router
Model Number: TL-WR1043ND

- Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB2.0 port
- 3T3R MIMO, SST, CCA technologies deliver greater coverage and higher speed
- Wireless Security encryption easily at a push of “QSS” button
- Built-in QoS, supports WDS Bridge
- Backward compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g devices

Hi,

I just bought a TP-LINK WR1043ND. I am trying to use it to wirelessly bridge another Wirless n router (non TP-LINK) that doesn't support WDS but connects to my ADSL model. So far I haven't been able to get internet access through TP-LINK WR1043 and devices connected to TP-LINK router cannot see devices connected to the router I want to bridge. Is it possible for such configuration to work?

Thanks.

Hi,

I just bought a TP-LINK WR1043ND. I am trying to use it to wirelessly bridge another Wirless n router (non TP-LINK) that doesn't support WDS but connects to my ADSL model. So far I haven't been able to get internet access through TP-LINK WR1043 and devices connected to TP-LINK router cannot see devices connected to the router I want to bridge. Is it possible for such configuration to work?

Thanks.

I use it as the 3rd APNs no issues. I have to run 3x 3T/3R APNs so my tablets get 100% signal. Downloading through the TP-LINK has been very good.

Basement (family room)
APNs #1
TEW-691GR Stock ROM

Main Floor APNs #2
DIR-655 A3 Rooted Russian ROM

Second Floor APNs #3
TL-WR1043ND Stock ROM

All have the same SSID, all have different manual channels. Best way to work them.

Update Info

Well had a lot of trouble with the prior line up of Routers.

Failed is the Trendnet TEW-691GR WAN/DNS issues, TEW-673GRU DNS issues, both WAN issues along with Wireless ES9850, Belkin N+, DIR-655 overheating.
Pretty much they all seem to suffer. My ISP reported 100 reconnects with the TEW-691GR.

But strangely the TP-LINK no issues as APN's but now it's the primary DHCP and primary APNs.

I've ordered two more of them and going to replace the aging DIR-655 A3 1.11 which is current working with the TP-LINK to provide wireless. I've thrown 1080p HD streaming from 3x SONY SNP-100 through TP-LINK over 802.11n no drops, no nothing.

I use it as the 3rd APNs no issues. I have to run 3x 3T/3R APNs so my tablets get 100% signal. Downloading through the TP-LINK has been very good.

New Setup
Basement (family room) APNs #1
TL-WR1043ND Stock ROM DHCP - | Primary APN's
1. Ported into 16-port Gig Rack mounted switch with 2MB packet buffer
2. Ported into 16-port Meg Rack mounted switch with 1.5MB packet buffer

Main 1st Floor APNs #2
TL-WR1043ND Stock ROM - Secondary APN's

Second Floor APNs #3
TL-WR1043ND Stock ROM - Sub Secondary APN's

All have the same SSID, all have different manual channels. Best way to work them and my 3x Android Tablet I use and 1x iTouch. 7x SD MVP, 1x HD MVP, 3x SONY SNP-100.

For those of you interested to see how I have setup TP-LINK TLWR1043ND go here

Hi I just wanted to get your help on the 1043nd.

My wifi connection surfing the web if fine. However when I connect to my iPhone and iPad's AppStore it does not connect. But when I connect my old TP link router 340G it works fine.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

For those of you interested to see how I have setup TP-LINK TLWR1043ND go here

Thanks for the input, I found the older 940's on sale at New Egg for $40 each and for bridge use you can't beat that price! The other option is the Buffalo N300 Routers that cost the same on Amazon, so we'll see which one I pickup, its about a month away.

Running 3x of these with no issue the main is DHCP and the other 2 are just access points. New firmware lets you use the USB FTP and Media Server.

hi tipstir... thanks for your sharing

i bought 1043 only 480.000 rupiah (indonesian)..
but conection wire bandwidth only around 30 K KB/s = 240 Mb/s
but why the speed wire conect cannot get 1000 mb/s (gigabit)?
other hardware my pc are MSI X58 with nic gig, and other PC with TG3269.
i use cable with spec Cat 6.
here the screen capture with aida32

http://s2.ipicture.ru/uploads/20110627/t41y54U8.jpg

here my system
http://plikimage.com/images/156uuu.jpg

Last edited:
I use only CAT5e and have no problems. I've tested the max Gig to Gig transfer rate in MB. It's round 700MB to 800MB. None of these routers from any brand going to get near Gig rated speed. Make sure you tweak your system NIC and TCP. PCI-E are better than PCI.

Nice RIG you have there in you photo.

...but conection wire bandwidth only around 30 K KB/s = 240 Mb/s
but why the speed wire conect cannot get 1000 mb/s (gigabit)?
other hardware my pc are MSI X58 with nic gig, and other PC with TG3269.
i use cable with spec Cat 6.
/156uuu.jpg[/URL]
Assuming your data was moving only through the switch part of the product, and the switch indicates 1000BT connection in its lights, then the speed would be limited the data transfer software and methods. E.g., If windows shares, the size of the file matters - need one big file to get max speed. Speed of CPU on each end, and proper TCP/IP stack settings, etc. With lots of small files, you'll see low speeds due to file system overhead. Of course, the disk speeds can constrain too.

There are tools to measure LAN speed excluding disk speed.