What's new

Traffic Monitor no longer displaying results

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dandle

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I have an Asus AC68U router and there has been an issue I've noticed for a while now where the 'Traffic Monitor' tab no longer display results nor populates over the course of a few days. I'm currently on the latest firmware 384.12 but the issue has been visible a few firmware revisions before this.

The drop down boxes under 'date range' are blank. No selection can be made here. No clients are shown at all. This goes for both 'Daily' and 'Monthly' Traffic Monitor tabs.

Any particular reason why this is happening and how I can get around it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• traffic monitor.PNG
    traffic monitor.PNG
    327.7 KB · Views: 435
Search the forum. There have been numerous posts about this going back quite some time. I can't remember whether anyone solved it or not.

I had this a while back and I think a reboot solved it for me. I have my traffic stats saving to a thumb drive so I might have reset that as well from the GUI (Tools>Other Settings)

Attachments

• ac86u-tools-other settings.PNG
    ac86u-tools-other settings.PNG
    153.5 KB · Views: 511
Look at your System Log for any error message related to rstats or cstats databases.

Look at your System Log for any error message related to rstats or cstats databases.

Thank you for the suggestion. I had a look at the System Log and found that there was an error message related to a problem loading cststas.gz file. I logged into the Router and browsed the directory the .gz file was located in. Turns out that the file was named rstats rather than cstats. After renaming this, the graphs and charts started to populate. Not sure what prompted the file name change but, thanks for the pointer! :)

Thank you for the suggestion. I had a look at the System Log and found that there was an error message related to a problem loading cststas.gz file. I logged into the Router and browsed the directory the .gz file was located in. Turns out that the file was named rstats rather than cstats. After renaming this, the graphs and charts started to populate. Not sure what prompted the file name change but, thanks for the pointer! :)
The rstats and cstats files are two different databases used by two different processes (Traffic Monitor and IPTraffic). By renaming the rstats file you effectively deleted the Traffic Monitor database which appears to have coincidentally fixed your problem.