What's new

Trend Micro traffic

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AimDev

Occasional Visitor
Hi
Despite having all the Trend related options turned off, my traffic analyzer still see's
access to ntd-asus-2014b-en.fbs20.trendmic.

I am not suggesting this is an issue with the Merlin firmware, the latest is working ok for me btw, but
more an issue with the Asus firmware.

Surely off should mean off!!, is there any way to stop this traffic via the firmware?

Thanks

AimDev

Did you try to reboot the router?

Was a reset to factory defaults performed after flashing to the current firmware?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

What router and what firmware version are we working with?

Hi

its an AC3200, on the version .59 merlin, updated from version .58 merlin.

A reset to default was not carried out.
The issue was discovered when a new traffic monitoring system was started (external to the router, on the WAN side)
so the problem way have been existing on the previous version.

AimDev

Hi

its an AC3200, on the version .59 merlin, updated from version .58 merlin.

A reset to default was not carried out.
The issue was discovered when a new traffic monitoring system was started (external to the router, on the WAN side)
so the problem way have been existing on the previous version.

AimDev

I'm not sure if it is even a problem (if everything is working) or just a very aggressive level of logging?

Performing a full reset and then manually configuring the router to secure it and connect to your ISP is still recommended. At the very least, you'll know if this is actually an issue for the xbox and this version.

I'm not sure if it is even a problem (if everything is working) or just a very aggressive level of logging?

Performing a full reset and then manually configuring the router to secure it and connect to your ISP is still recommended. At the very least, you'll know if this is actually an issue for the xbox and this version.

Hi

Well I would actually like to be in control of the hardware I have purchased, and switch off redundant 'services', and minimise use of the bandwidth.
Not sure I understand the aggressive logging and xbox references in your reply.

AimDev

Are you using the Traffic Analyzer - Statistics tab on the Router? If so, than this is the likely culprit. If memory serves me correctly previous versions notified the user with a Trend Micro pop-up stating that some information would be sent to them. I didn't get this prompt in .59 when I just enabled it so I could be out to lunch. :confused:

Are you using the Traffic Analyzer - Statistics tab on the Router? If so, than this is the likely culprit. If memory serves me correctly previous versions notified the user with a Trend Micro pop-up stating that some information would be sent to them. I didn't get this prompt in .59 when I just enabled it so I could be out to lunch. :confused:
Hi

No, I am monitoring the traffic on the wire between the WAN port of the router and the adsl modem.
I am seeing dns queries and traffic to the hosts described earlier.
Re the prompt, I did not observe this in .58 or .59

AimDev