What's new

TRENDnet Announces PoE+ Powerline Adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
trendnet-tpl331ep.jpg
TRENDnet has announced a powerline adapter that includes PoE+ support.

The TPL-331EP supports the 802.3at higher power over Ethernet standard, which is specified to provide up to 25 W of power to compatible devices connected to the adapter's single 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port.

The adapter supports the older HomePlug AV 200 standard, which will interoperate with newer, faster HomePlug AV2 devices, although at lower speeds. It also has no power save mode, to better support always-on devices like IP cameras and VoIP phones.

Available now, TRENDnet’s single pack TPL-331EP costs $34.99 MSRP, while the dual pack TPL-331EP2K is $64.99 MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of a bridge between the two standards? Good way to extend POE+ too.

I don't think that I'd trust an AV200 device for anything requiring reliable and continuous connectivity like a camera. Everything I used from that generation was garbage.

Finally, been waiting for this, but why develop and release a new product held back by an old standard?
EDIT: And an outdoor model would be awesome!