What's new

x3mRouting Trouble getting x3mRouting working for streaming services

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iraweissman

Occasional Visitor
Hi All. Appreciate any help that can be provided.

I am trying to set up selective routing to essentially only use my VPN for streaming services and a select few other geo-blocked websites.

I have installed x3mRouting.

On VPN Client page, "Force Internet traffic through tunnel" is set to "Policy Rules" and I removed my desktop from VPN Director and have verified that it's not using the VPN.

I ran "x3mRouting ALL 1 HULU asnum=AS23286" in SSH. Looks like it ran successfully (pasting results below). I rebooted the router.

But Hulu is still coming up as if I'm entering from a foreign country. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

(x3mRouting): 1515 Starting Script Execution ALL 1 HULU asnum=AS23286

(x3mRouting): 1515 Selective Routing Rule via VPN Client 1 created for HULU fwmark 0x1000/0x1000

(x3mRouting): 1515 iptables -t mangle -D PREROUTING -i br0 -m set --match-set HULU dst -j MARK --set-mark 0x1000/0x1000 2>/dev/null added to /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/vpnclient1-route-up

(x3mRouting): 1515 iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -m set --match-set HULU dst -j MARK --set-mark 0x1000/0x1000 added to /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/vpnclient1-route-up

(x3mRouting): 1515 iptables -t mangle -D PREROUTING -i br0 -m set --match-set HULU dst -j MARK --set-mark 0x1000/0x1000 2>/dev/null added to /jffs/scripts/x3mRouting/vpnclient1-route-pre-down

(x3mRouting): 1515 Completed Script Execution

Another possible clue:

Confirmed HULU ipset table created.

In the GUI in VPN Client, if I try to add "HULU" under IPSET Name with Iface set to VPN, and I click Apply, it just gets stuck in "Applying Settings" and never finishes.

Looks like I was able to solve the problem. The issue was the ASN wasn't comprehensive enough. Found an older post where someone shared their method and there's another ASN for Akamai that needed to be added.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!