What's new

Tx Bursting on 5Ghz Wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

riksterinto

New Around Here
Apologies if this is answered somewhere else. I searched the forum and Google but could not find a clear answer.

On ASUSWRT firmware(Merlin version), why is TX bursting an option on 5Ghz. My understanding is this is only used for g networks. 5Ghz doesn't use g.

Can anyone please elaborate? Does this affect something different on 5Ghz networks?

Many thanks.

5 GHz also means 802.11a. Might be why it has TX bursting.

I have always disabled TX bursting as i have noticed a small lag in page loads have it enabled. I only use the 5 GHz band and only N and AC devices.

It needs to be removed, my speeds were terrible having it enabled.

After disabling, I'm maxing out my connection.

I have only N and AC devices, G seems to be obsolete.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I've never enabled this option; from G only routers of old, all the way to the current AC one I'm using.

if you turn of tx bursting your 5ghz speed is very slow. this should not matter however I have tried several times and every time its disabled on 5ghz speed is reduced 5x

I was a bit surprised that enabling TX bursting for 5GHz on RT-AX56U increased speed on my laptop with Intel AC card by about 6-8MBytes/s (from about 46 MBytes/sec to 54-55 Mbytes/s), and looks like I'm not the only user who reported similar results. Usually the description of this setting says that it only affects G devices, but looks like that's not the case, I tested this multiple times - the result is always the same. I have no G clients, only N, AC and AX, so probably either the feature description is incorrect or it is implemented in a way that also affects non-G devices.