What's new

UBNT EdgeRouter 12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nice. Up to $249, but still a solid alternative to most SMB-class "VPN" products (Cisco RV, etc.). I've been running multiple ER-4's in the field at clients, and they've been rock solid so far. Have a couple doing smart queue on 400/20 WAN links without a sweat. I would think the ER-12 would be more of the same, assuming the added switch chip doesn't introduce any additional bugs.

i just finally managed to find the spec for the er-12. It has a quad core CPU same as the older products clocked at 1Ghz but still with 1GB of ram. Basically this router is exactly 2x the speed of the ERPRO CPU wise as its the same CPU, same clocks but 4 cores, and sadly only 1GB of ram. So for QoS this will do 400Mb/s which is not bad for software processing and that you have 4 MIPS cores for an embedded linux server if you ever need that feature. You can install and run htop on this along with squid cache. each core can do 80Mb/s of squid.

Cheaper than the ERPRO with SFP, half the power consumption and silent, and a decent CPU (still not as fast as mikrotik), why cant you have been like this before Ubiquiti? Also has POE :O .