What's new

FlexQoS UI Bandwidth Settings tables

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Dave,
I'm far from a HTML/CSS expert, but I can poke at things. Here are three options to add to the table. Its relatively easy to make a thicker boarder to separate the sections. The first option uses Medium width, there is a Thick option as well as individual pixel sizes. The second option feeds off of your colors, but I am not sure I like it. The third option adds the colors. It may be too. much color, but I tossed it in here as well. If you like any of them, let me know and I can push them up.
- L
SS-Thick.png
SS-Colorful.png
SS-MoreColors.png

Underline makes it hard to quickly identify if it belongs to the top or bottom cell. I would suggest testing with just a colored left border, to better identify the row, and not make it as overloaded as it would be if the whole cell was colored.

Underline makes it hard to quickly identify if it belongs to the top or bottom cell. I would suggest testing with just a colored left border, to better identify the row, and not make it as overloaded as it would be if the whole cell was colored.
Like as a colored divider? Or just on the far left? Kinda rainbow-like. Maybe color is the wrong approach.

1603563802804.png

Last edited:
Like as a colored divider? Or just on the far left? Kinda rainbow-like. Maybe color is the wrong approach.

View attachment 27133

Like that, but a bit thicker, and only the left side of the class field. Kinda like a "Start of the line highlight".

Like that, but a bit thicker, and only the left side of the class field. Kinda like a "Start of the line highlight".
I think that would look nice, but I’m not sure if it’s enough visual aid to remember what row your eyes are looking at when you‘re focused on the Upload side of the table. Or I could splash color on the far right edge, like bookends.

Why not go with the same look&feel like in the analytics (pie-chart, listing) like this one:

Not sure about the colours- I think it's a bit to much - but the second example posted by lacrocious with the thick border between classes looks good.
Maybe you can use that as it looks more neat and you don't have all that information in one big tab.
Just a thought ...
Good luck

OK folks, I'm surrendering for now and going to forge ahead for the sake of moving on. This can be revisited in future releases again, but for now I'm going with this since I have other changes I want to release later today.

This should have just the right combinations of styles so that everyone is just a little bit unhappy. :(

1603653979478.png

Still open to feedback and ideas for future versions! Thanks for all your input!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!