What's new

uiDivStats uiDivStats development version compatible with Diversion 5.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you so much. It is working just fine coming from a previous, incompatible install.
I thought it was working fine coming from a previous install....but there weren't any graphs and the stats were from January 4, 2024, My system clock and time in Merlin were fine. I removed uiDivStats and did a clean install. Now, all is just fine. Thanks for the big task of taking this project on.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Running postupdate as suggested, provide an error:

# uiDivStats postupdate
[: missing ]

Hi all,

# uiDivStats postupdate
@314eter, is this an issue with the uiDivStats postupdate fix?

Hi all,

# uiDivStats postupdate
same "missing" issue here... I nuked/uninstalled the app, then re-installed using the 'curl' command line install from message #1 in this thread... worked...

In the new version, I found that the UI allows setting values to be adjusted to one day... :)
1705444434587.png

Can we consider adding a feature to display information about the dnsqueries.db database size, similar to the example in Skynet...
1705444536921.png

Additionally, thank you so much for dedicating your valuable leisure time to create such outstanding plugin software, which has crafted a visual and user-friendly environment. My sincerest gratitude to you.

Top requested domains is not populating - stuck on "Data loading..."
Everything else seems to be fine. Correction, window titles (click to expand/collapse) are unresponsive.

Last edited:
Everything else seems to be fine. Correction, window titles (click to expand/collapse) are unresponsive.
All working fine here.

All working fine here.
Different router.
Edit: Another reinstall cycle has it up and running fine again. I wonder how long it'll be before it gets messed up again(?).

Last edited:
The fix for the [: missing ] error is live now. You can update with uiDivStats forceupdate. I think all issues that have been reported here are fixed now.

Type 65 queries are now renamed to HTTPS everywhere in the UI, and the old A+AAAA filter option is now A+AAAA+HTTPS.

I have encountered a similar issue, and a temporary solution I found is to switch the scale type or layout for the chart, which seems to resolve the issue temporarily.

1705616542369.png

1705616601262.png

I have encountered a similar issue, and a temporary solution I found is to switch the scale type or layout for the chart, which seems to resolve the issue temporarily.

View attachment 55697
Interesting that a lot of the top blocked domains are presumably second attempts with the local .lan appended. I suppose this might be a negative side effect of using the NXDOMAIN approach, at least with certain clients.

Interesting that a lot of the top blocked domains are presumably second attempts with the local .lan appended. I suppose this might be a negative side effect of using the NXDOMAIN approach, at least with certain clients.
I don't think this will be the only "side effect" discovered with NXDOMAIN. I wouldn't necessarily label it as negative, however it is a nuisance nonetheless. Most of the annoyance experienced with NXDOMAIN has not been enough to make it less popular among blocking technique. It just shows that not all attempts to reach the domain name will be blocked immediately if queries still try pass with .lan appended. I think this side effect is one that makes users consider NULL blocking approach over NXDOMAIN to be a more desirable outcome.

See what PiHole has to say about it:

1705627730433.png

@dave14305 your observations support the claim against NXDOMAIN trying to resolve blocked domains more often.

Last edited:
I don't think this will be the only "side effect" discovered with NXDOMAIN. I wouldn't necessarily label it as negative, however it is a nuisance nonetheless. Most of the annoyance experienced with NXDOMAIN has not been enough to make it less popular among blocking technique. It just shows that not all attempts to reach the domain name will be blocked immediately if queries still try pass with .lan appended. I think this side effect is one that makes users consider NULL blocking approach over NXDOMAIN to be a more desirable outcome.

See what PiHole has to say about it:

View attachment 55702

@dave14305 your observations support the claim against NXDOMAIN trying to resolve blocked domains more often.
NXDOMAIN remains the sole blocking method in Diversion. Using the NULL method would negate the complete overhaul of Diverson I did over the past 7 months. We have to find a way to prevent the .lan nonsense on the router.
Suggestions are very velcome :)

NXDOMAIN remains the sole blocking method in Diversion. Using the NULL method would negate the complete overhaul of Diverson I did over the past 7 months. We have to find a way to prevent the .lan nonsense on the router.
Suggestions are very velcome :)
I concur, maybe a wildcard style block for .lan if possible. Idk how this would impact the observed behavior though. Also, it would break the use of .lan in general.

Don't know if it's a uiDivStats or AMTM issue (I think the latter), but after updting to uiDivStats 3.1.0, the AMTM update command results in a backlvel report of version for uiDivStats.
Is this known?
1705647011245.png

Don't know if it's a uiDivStats or AMTM issue (I think the latter), but after updting to uiDivStats 3.1.0, the AMTM update command results in a backlvel report of version for uiDivStats.
Is this known?
View attachment 55706
Known, and expected. This release supercedes the release listed in amtm - ie it's not official. Remember, this is just a development version (pre-release).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!